The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Springfield 1911-A1 Model PW9151LP (5 inch barrel) that was manufactured in 2009. The manual is quite vague on the use of +P ammunition for this gun. Can +P type ammunition safely be used in this model?

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I recently purchased a used Springfield 1911-A1 Model PW9151LP (5 inch barrel) that was manufactured in 2009. The manual is quite vague on the use of +P ammunition for this gun. Can +P type ammunition safely be used in this model?
Why not? Are you going to be shooting only +P ammo? I would suggest that you practice with standard ball ammo, and carry +P ammo for SD. Shoot some from time to time, but not a steady diet of expensive ammo. My only reservations would be cost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not? Are you going to be shooting only +P ammo? I would suggest that you practice with standard ball ammo, and carry +P ammo for SD. Shoot some from time to time, but not a steady diet of expensive ammo. My only reservations would be cost.
I'm a new handgun owner and just want to be sure whatever goes into the gun will be safe to use, so thanks for the info. Also with you on standing with Israel. Your scripture quote sure nails the condition of the country, good prayer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts