The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new XD-S. Amazing how small it is compared to the EMP 9mm. Cant wait to try it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Does anyone know how it compairs with a XD .380 or other sub compact? And cost comparisions?

Thinking of getting one as I could carry it more often than PMR 30 or full size 1911.
thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was love at first sight...........I've been lusting for an xd-s since I first saw one............Good shooting.........Redworm

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love at first sight for me too. I first saw it in the January edition of American Rifleman (NRA) and just had to have it. Now I got it but still hav'nt fired it yet.:( I'll get to the range soon though.
I just today got some Pierce Grip mag extentions. The gun fits perfect in my hand with those extensions. I still have on back-order 2, 7 round mags (clips;)) with extensions.
Without having shot it yet, the only problem I see is the front sight. I have no idea what Springfield was thinking when they thought a rear ward facing sight was a good idea. That da** thing will catch on most any holster. I want to change it to a better carry friendly sight but I dont know where to start. I checked Hi-Viz but they as yet don't make any for this gun. I'll keep looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
any of the XD sights will fit the XDs. Truglo makes both night sights and fiber optic. Dawson makes a FO sight that you can buy w/o having to buy the set. The run bout 40 bucks.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Not yet and probably never. Next version out is in 9mm but R&D is slow so production hasn't started.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are gonna love your new little toy! I've had mine since December and have put 400 rounds thru it, accurate as heck for such a small thing! I see you got the Pierce extensions for yours,,,,I did too and also picked up a couple of 7 round mags also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not yet and probably never. Next version out is in 9mm but R&D is slow so production hasn't started.
Actually a .380 version would be nice,don't you think?

I know theres a .380 Glock model 25 I think,but only in Europe,whats up with that?
I tryed the Walther PK380 and liked it but heard it was junk so got another Glock instead,a 21..my first .45 actually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts