The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are making them these days? Kings is gone, haven't seen any others I like, any suggestions?
Google is FULL of crap related to, but not giving info on, where to buy.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Are you talking skeletonized trigger as in:

Attachments

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
or skeletonized as in: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool, but I'm not into skull's. The first is similar to what I had in mind, just not the older Wilson combat holes.
I've been out of the 1911 'world' for awhile, what happened to Kings?
I bought a .400 Cor-Bon kit from them years ago, but now they're gone?

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Yep. fell by the way with the rest of the greats like Jim Clark Sr., Armand Swenson, Devel customs, etc.. Cylinder and Slide is a good manufacturer of current 1911 accessories, as is Wilson Combat and Ed Brown.

If you like cut to the chase competition triggers look at Harrisson Design. They have a sleek short trigger I really like.

That skull trigger is custom made by a jeweler friend of HelixFR here. He has a webpage and is now selling the skull trigger. I got one of his firsts cast on an old Colt trigger bow I had in my parts bin. He does excellent work. He had 3 trigger designs initially. The skulls, a naked lady and sort of a scroll design like engraving only 3D. I wish i had gotten one of his naked lady triggers when i had the chance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That skull trigger is custom made by a jeweler friend of HelixFR here. He has a webpage and is now selling the skull trigger. I got one of his firsts cast on an old Colt trigger bow I had in my parts bin. He does excellent work. He had 3 trigger designs initially. The skulls, a naked lady and sort of a scroll design like engraving only 3D. I wish i had gotten one of his naked lady triggers when i had the chance.
You wouldn't happen to have a URL or e-mail for the jeweler who makes them would you? I don't normally go in for flashy stuff, but this kinda looks cool and I'd like to get some more info on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep. fell by the way with the rest of the greats like Jim Clark Sr., Armand Swenson, Devel customs, etc.. Cylinder and Slide is a good manufacturer of current 1911 accessories, as is Wilson Combat and Ed Brown.

If you like cut to the chase competition triggers look at Harrisson Design. They have a sleek short trigger I really like.

Yeah, I like skull as much as the next guy, but the naked lady trigger might have looked a little cooler! JMOHO

·
Registered
967 Posts
Brownells.

If you want to try several different trigger lengths/faces, consider
the Infinity interlocking trigger system. Page 111 in catalog 65,
upper right corner.

If you just want a short or long skeletonized, I like the STI Match
Grade Trigger. Also page 111, lower right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts