Standard Arms Pump 35 Remington

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 45nut, Apr 2, 2009.

1. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Already I know I have some problems with this rifle. First, the butt plate is a replacement, gone is the ornate cast brass one. The wrist has a repair and some parts are missing regarding the gas mechanism.

But more importantly, this is the only firearm my Dad was able to recover from my Great Grandfather's estate. Great Granddad promised my Dad his gun collection, but Dad's cousins that lived close by stole them before he got there. This was left in a closet, broken & jammed with a black powder shell.

Dad brought it home and had a gunsmith friend get it back in working order. My Great Grandfather was a railroad man in California and killed black bear, deer and who knows what all from the train in the early 1900's. Great sentimental value to me and I'm okay with it because I'll never sell it. It will be passed down to my niece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You pump a round into the chamber and then turn this knob to "on" and it will shoot like a semi auto, if I had the parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice looking old rifle. I plan on killing a deer or two with it next year In honor of Great Granddad!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Okay, keep the comments coming fellas! :D