The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Hate when that happens. My son "appropriated" my .45 Firestar, so I don't have it here. Best I can do from memory, remove recoil spring, barrel bushing, insert magazine, hammer cocked safety off. You "should have" play in the slide and barrel now. Don't force the slide stop, just firmly try to remove while shaking the slide back and forth.
I only made the same mistake once, and it was a long time ago. I "think" it was hung up on the rear of the barrel link boss, and did a lot of shaking at different angles until it popped out. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate when that happens. My son "appropriated" my .45 Firestar, so I don't have it here. Best I can do from memory, remove recoil spring, barrel bushing, insert magazine, hammer cocked safety off. You "should have" play in the slide and barrel now. Don't force the slide stop, just firmly try to remove while shaking the slide back and forth.
I only made the same mistake once, and it was a long time ago. I "think" it was hung up on the rear of the barrel link boss, and did a lot of shaking at different angles until it popped out. Good luck!
Thanks

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know, and what you had to do to get there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts