The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought what I believe is a star model B super from my uncle.
He says it shoots 9mm largo but the markings on the slide indicate that it's a 9mm parebellum. I was wondering if there is a way to tell for certain what round it's chambered for. I have seen this gun shoot 9mm largo but it jams up almost every other shot. I stripped the gun down and put a 9mm largo round in the barrel and it stuck out a bit where as the 9mm parebellum fits flush. The gun looks almost exactly like this one: http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/b/images/b-super-large.jpg

Are there any other markings I should be looking for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Largo Spanish for is long which is why it stuck out. Model A were 9mm Largo Model B 9mm Para

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the gun apart again. Put the 9mm para round in the barrel again. The problem i noticed was that it fit's so flush in the barrel that there is no place for the extractor to fit on the rim. I then put the 9mm para round in the extractor and slid the barrel in to find the barrel with that round did not fit flush up against the bolt. I did the same experiments with the 9mm largo round and it fit in the barrel with the extractors still attached to the rim and the barrel fit flush up against the bolt. The markings on the slide say STAR B. ECHEVERRIA FIBAR-ESPANA S.A. CAL 9mm and the other side of the slide says MODELO SUPER are these the correct markings for the Super A or the Super B. and if it is the B is it possible for it to be chambered in 9mm largo?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I'm not sure what you have. If it is a true Super B then it is 9mm Largo, but the 9mm on the slide is confusing. Star B and Super B are the same frame but that is where it ends. I don't think you can put a B slide on a Super. I know the Mags are not interchangeable.
The 9mm Para wil be sloppy in a B mag

http://www.9mmlargo.com/star_spr/index.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I think it's a super is that behind the magazine it says SUPER above what I think is a serial number. Am I wrong in assuming that that marking makes the gun a super.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
If this is on the slide
The markings on the slide say STAR B. ECHEVERRIA FIBAR-ESPANA S.A. CAL 9mm and the other side of the slide says MODELO SUPER
That says it is/was a Super. But......people have been know to convert or try to convert them to 9mm Para.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this is on the slide

That says it is/was a Super. But......people have been know to convert or try to convert them to 9mm Para.
That is on the slide and I do still think that it fires the 9mm largo. So you are saying the markings I am describing describe a super B?

Also thank you for your help I am lost with this.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
That site dos not allow linking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts