Starline brass.

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Twicepop, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

A while back I purchased some Starline .44 Special brass from a vendor at a local gun show. When I got home I discovered that instead of the 100 cases I paid for, there were only 95. At the next gun show I told the vendor about being shorted, their response was "well we're sorry, but we don't have any more of this to replace it". For the next two shows following, I got the same excuse. I made a call to Starline, and explained the situation and wanted to purchase 5 additional cases to bring it back to 100. The very polite and helpful woman on the phone wanted to know the vendors name, I told her I was unable to give it to her. She then asked for my name and address, to send me the 5 cases I requested, and refuse to accept any kind of payment for it. I think Starline brass is good enough on it's own merits to have paid for the additional brass, but her willingness to send them to me, free of charge insures that I'll use more of it in the future. This is a first rate company, that makes a first rate product, I'll continue to use and recommend Starline products.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have never had to use their customer service department, but I have always been happy with their brass. I am glad to hear of their good service,

joe45c, jim brady and howlnmad like this.

3. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

I use Starline .44 Mag brass and it's always worked well for me.

joe45c and howlnmad like this.
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've always been happy with Starline brass.

dbcooper and joe45c like this.
  5. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I buy a lot of Starline brass, I've always been happy with it. Glad to hear they resolved the issue satisfactorily. Mistakes happen, how companies fix them is important. Now that vendor certainly wouldn't get any more of my business.....

rawright54 and joe45c like this.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Just curious. Your "unable to give the name".

Was that "I'm not going to rat him out", or was it "I don't know his name. It's just the bearded guy in full camo, next to the beef jerky"?

crystalphoto and rawright54 like this.
  7. Twicepop

Nope, I don't need or want anything bad enough to stop at their table again.

jwdurf likes this.
  8. Twicepop

No it wasn't that I didn't want to rat them out (some woman and her adult son). They didn't have business cards with the name of their business, and I didn't ask them. If I had know, Starline would have know also.

crystalphoto and joe45c like this.
  9. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Twicepop - I've had exactly the same thing happen when buying bulk brass and bulk bullets. The problem is in two parts: 1.) the seller/vendor does not actually COUNT the bullets or brass - they weight them on a scale and measure out an average; 2.) if the seller/vendor does it this way (and I think everyone does this now) they can "fudge" on the count.

There is a big-time vendor of brass and bullets at the Denver Gun Show. I've bought thousands of cases and bullets from him. I knew him on a personal level because I used to work a table across from him doing recruiting for my old Gun Club, and I chatted with him hundreds of times. On my last purchase (200 .30-30 150 grain RN hunting bullets) I was also short about 5-10 when I loaded up my brass. I went back and told 'Dad' what happened - and he acted like he never saw me before in his life. He lost a long-time customer over $1 worth of bullets.

flintlock and joe45c like this.
  10. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Agree what's been said. I also have good results with starline brass. But i got to admit i have a couple of unopened packs, and have not counted them to see how many is in there.:oops:

crystalphoto and dbcooper like this.
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've used plenty of Starline brass but I never counted how many there were in the bag.

12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've never been shorted by anyone, buying bulk. Bullets or brass. It's either right on the button, or it's one or two over.

Bought a case of Winchester bullets, some years back. 3200 of 'em. When I broke that huge box down into smaller containers, I counted how many were in each one (because I'm anal like that), and wrote the amount on the lid. Added up the amounts. 3246 total. That's a half a box of bullets, extra. About ten dollars' worth, these days.

crystalphoto likes this.
  13. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

So Alpo what would you have done if the total would have been 3199?:rolleyes:

dbcooper and crystalphoto like this.
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have bought a case-lot from them again.

Probably.

Maybe.

Mighta just figgered I miscounted. :p

joe45c likes this.
  15. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Moderator Supporting Member

I would have done a recount!

joe45c likes this.