Stay away from I.O. Inc.!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by K75RT, Dec 30, 2010.

1. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I just picked up two "gunsmith special" cracked stock SKS's from Royal Tiger, I.O.'s "storefront", no complaints at all, got here a week sooner than they estimated and ended up with two super nice 1956 SKS's, one ghost gun and one Sino-Soviet. Cracks easily repaired and excellent condition metal wise. Saw some bad feedback on some barrels that they sold awhile back though, the gas port was drilled way oversize and they dumped the CS onto one guys head and he just had too much to deal with in a timely manner.

2. Failure Is Not An Option

Failure Is Not An Option New Member

In my opinion: Buyer Beware!

I.O. Inc. or IO Inc. or Interordance of America Inc. or Interordance Inc. or similar variants are all the same company whose president is Ulrich H. Wiegand (aka Uli). Uli has renamed, rebranded and even moved facilities -- all to escape his well-deserved reputation for poor quality, poor customer services, and in general, poor business practices.

Uli's AKs are a hodgepodge of imported and domestic parts of questionable quality and pedigree. Common problems include: bolt-hold-open issues; hammer/trigger/bolt assembly misalignment; improper rivetting; failure-to-fire (FTF) due to various faulty bolt issues; loose stocks; various misfeeding/cycling; magazine misalignment due to faulty recever fabrication; improper parkerizing/finishing; worn springs, pistons, gas tubes; improper head-spacing; etc.

Besides posting lavish praises of IO products by fake customers to hide real quality and safety problems with his AKs, Uli even promises -- no details in writing though -- a lifetime warranty. There is no guarantee IO Inc. will be in business even a year from now.

Uli is originally from Germany and most people associate German products like Mercedes-Benz cars with high quality; unfortunately, Uli's I.O.Inc. is more closely associated with the Ford and its Pinto.

Did I forget to mention: Uli and his Interordnance of America, L.P., and related companies, were indicted on Tuesday, February 3, 2004, by a federal grand jury sitting in Charlotte on 83 counts alleging conspiracy, illegal importation of machineguns,
    illegal possession and transfer of machineguns, structuring, and money laundering.

You should verify all of the above for yourself before purchasing anything -- especially AKs -- from Uli and I.O Inc.

3. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

Yikes!!! Thanks for the update!

4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

One post, just to bash??? Kinda smells a bit funny to me....

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I thought that right after he posted, but after doing searches of his IP and so forth, I just left it alone. He will be watched!

6. hellno cat

hellno cat New Member

I would like to add to this issue. I bought a .380 hell cat in Oct. '15. It would not shoot more than once and hang up. Sent it to IO INC in FL. first week of Jan. and it is still their. It is now July. Yes their customer service sucks. Call once a week and all I get is excuses. As stated they do not contact you, you have to contact them. Really screwed up they can't fix a handgun in 7 months or do something to make it right.

K75RT likes this.