The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I went to my LGS and saw they had steel 124gr hollow points for reloading. Do you use the same recipes that are in the loading manuals or do you have to have steel load data? I never seen steel bullets for reloading that's why I'm askin. They were pretty expensive too at that $30 per 100.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was made by Winchester it said sthp on the bag. It was silver. The guy I asked said it was steel. LD that makes sense the gulling effect. But that's all I know. I did not buy it cuz it was too much.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then the guy I asked was just as ignorant as me. He didn't even know. So what are they and what are they made of. Why are they so expensive.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting read steve4102. So my question is would they be considered good rounds for home defense then. And is that why they are $30 per 100 tips.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I'll double check and do some research on them cuz I don't think just anyone's gunna pay that much, but if they are good rounds ill pick em up. Even if thy are old, I assume they are still good. Sounds like good pounds to have on hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.