The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished up your 10mm. I like the Midnight Blue. Of course the pictures don't do it justice.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
Oh Man, I like that color, too! That might be better than the Glossy Black.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is mixed for semi gloss and in person is looks almost exactly like a deep matte blued finish.
I really like it. And I think im going to do the action of my Savage in it.

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Josh, I like that we are getting to see some of your work and Woodnut's on TFF. You guys are artists...............

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John. I thank Sam for that. Hes allowed us the Honor of posting our work in a dedicated forum.

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Thanks John. I thank Sam for that. Hes allowed us the Honor of posting our work in a dedicated forum.
Sam's ok despite what others may say..............................sarcasm....

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
The next one I get Josh to do, no matter what it is, is going to be this color!

I bought a beater Beretta Model 96D that needs to be done, hhhhmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Oh dangit....that is sharp! That color works really good with those grips. You could almost pass that off as regular bluing.

I hate to be a copycat but I think I just found the color for my beater PT1911 when I finish it!!!

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh dangit....that is sharp! That color works really good with those grips. You could almost pass that off as regular bluing.

I hate to be a copycat but I think I just found the color for my beater PT1911 when I finish it!!!
Indeed. Blued look with the durability of cerakote

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would Beth, but that'll hafta be on Steve. I shipped it home yesterday morning. Tracking says it will be back with him tomorrow.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is H series. Its Thermally cured. C is air dry. takes 5 days to cure and is thicker.

Remember H stands for heat

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Well, I took delivery of this pistol today.

I have never seen a firearm coated in Cerakote before. This is one Handsome Pistol. The color is exactly what I was after and the finish is absolutely Flawless, Perfect.

I have a Kimber Ultra that is in need of a new finish. I'll be sending that off to Josh in the near future. New and different color though(Suggestions welcome).

An aside.
This pistol came with a plastic main spring housing. Josh installed a metal one as plastic does not belong on a 1911. We talked and decided on an "Arched" housing. All of my 1911's are either straight or BOB Tail, so this will be a new design for me. I'll let you guys know how it works out for me.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts