The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several old guns.... This one, I have fired probably 30 years ago... It is in good condition - the blue finish is gone... Should I reblue it and bring it back to new condition? I do not know what it is worth.. Does any one out there have an idea what it is worth...?
Jimsawdust

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
check auction sites and local gun stores / pawn to get an idea of demand and value.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If you reblue it, it won't be in new condition-it will be refinished.
If you cold blue it, it will also be badly refinished.

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
I have several old guns.... This one, I have fired probably 30 years ago... It is in good condition - the blue finish is gone... Should I reblue it and bring it back to new condition? I do not know what it is worth.. Does any one out there have an idea what it is worth...?
Jimsawdust

Welcome to TFF.
Stevens made allot of .22s We need to see pictures or at lest the model number.
That way we know what we are talking about.
Mike

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome to TFF.
Stevens made allot of .22s We need to see pictures or at lest the model number.
That way we know what we are talking about.
Mike
#1. Some but not many old Stevens .22's are collectible. On most it probably wouldn't hurt anything to refinish. But you never know. In the 1950's & 60's you could still buy Civil War 1863 Springfield muskets for $100. 50 years can make ALOT of difference in value. What you do today could really cost you (or your heirs) in the future.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,419 Posts
Jimsawdust
Welcome to the forum. People here are friendly and knowledgable and happy to help out whatever way they can.

If you could post a picture it would be a great help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts