Stevens 94 Trigger Spring

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Dave Bromilow
    (2/7/03 12:39:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All trigger for J Stevens Old 94 ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Folks,
    I own a J Stevens Old 94 single barrel .410 shotgun. The model number stamped on it is 294 JZ. I'd like someone to explain to me how to put in a trigger spring. It would be bonus if anyone recognizes and explains the model number to me. Not anyone I've talked to recognizes it.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this message.

Dave

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 7:15:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: trigger for J Stevens Old 94 ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Dave Bromilow, and Welcome to The Firearms Forum. It's good to have you with us. Check back soon and often... I'm sure someone will be along before I'm able to find the answer to your question.
    Good luck with your 1-hole shotgun
    *update*

I don't see any reference to the serial number, however
    the Model 94 was mfg'd between 1926-1945 and approximately 934,000 were made.
    take a look see here, www.okiegunsmithshop.com/Stevens_410_shotgun_model_94C.jpg,
    let us know if this helps.
    again... good luck

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 2/7/03 7:31:40 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 8:45:28 am)
    Hi Dave.....welcome to TFF.

My books show the Model 94, but none of them mention a 294JZ. This was an inexpensive shotgun, and there's little collector interest in them, so the books don't go into much detail.

Keep checking back.....sooner or later someone will be along who can help you with your trigger problem.

Dave Bromilow
    (2/7/03 1:05:45 pm)
    Thanks ZigZag2 & Xracer! the parts diagram that was sent slightly differed from what I have in respect to the bolt plunger, forend spring housing & forend iron head.
    The gun I have has a 2" tang also has a larger (3/4") firing pin.
    I really couldn't determine the placement of the trigger spring with the diagram.
    Thanks for your help & I'll keep checking back. What a great website & good bunch of folks willing to help.
    Dave