Stevens Lord Question

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by R-H, Jul 15, 2017.

1. R-H

R-H Member

Hello to all, and thanks for any information you can supply, I have a Steven's Lord #36 target pistol that belonged to my grandfather, my son told me he would use it for a walnut cracker when he was little, but not to worry, I had taken the firing pin out do to being broken years before. I would like to get the pistol back in working order and give it to my son for his 40th coming up next year. I've searched for awhile for parts, Numrick, Jack First, ect. but no luck, What I need is the firing pin, the barrel lock release assembly, and the rear sight, seems like I will need to have the parts machined. If anyone knows of any of these parts available for sale, or a gunsmith that works on these guns, or even good photos and dimensions of the parts it would be helpful and appreciated.
    Thanks RH

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Rae Harrison likes this.
  2. R-H

R-H Member

Here are photos of the pistol.

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

3. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Quite often it is cheaper to buy a parts gun for the parts you need than to have the parts made.
    It also keeps its value if you use original parts.

Years ago I was restoring an Enfield sxs shotgun and could not find any parts for it on line or from any of my suplyrs. The cost of the parts I needed I felt had a value of around $200. What I did was buy a rusted out piece of junk at auction for $50 that had all the parts I needed. That may be the route you may have to go on this one.

Grizzley1 likes this.
  4. R-H

R-H Member

You may be right there, the saying, The parts are worth more then the whole, may apply, I will start looking into that.
    Thanks for the suggestion
    RH