Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Stevens Mdl 520

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

BlackGun
    (1/25/02 3:15:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All let alone what's it worth! What is it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the last few days, I have been doing some good gun deals. My seller just called me with a what is it? Without seeing the gun, I have no clue, so I'll pass my blindness on to ya'll it's a 12 Ga Pump Shotgun! This is all the writting that is on it! J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co. Browning Pat. Feb 7 1905 - Aug 27, 1907. From what he tells me, that is all that is writton the gun. Anybody got a clue as to what it is?
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/25/02 4:13:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: let alone what's it worth! What is it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's probably a Stevens #520, 521, or 522.

Does this fit? "Browning patent; slide action; takedown; side ejection; hammerless." "5 shot tubular magazine". "Blued; walnut pistol grip stock & grooved slide handle; checkered straight grip & slide handle on 522". "Made from about 1907 until World War II; 522 discontinued in 1928."

From the pix in the book.....#520 = grooved slide, pistol grip. #522 = checkered slide, straight grip.

That's the Plain Jane model. If it's fancy or engraved, it would be a 525, 530, or 535.

AntiqueDr
    (1/25/02 5:10:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: let alone what's it worth! What is it!
    Yep.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

BlackGun
    (1/25/02 8:08:51 pm)
    Can you guys put me in a ball park figure of the value! The 19th edition of the blue book of gun values only has the Mod. 520 in it. The 521 and 522 do not appear in that book. Thanks in advance for the trouble.
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 1/25/02 8:13:23 pm

Xracer
    (1/25/02 8:28:28 pm)
    Doc will have to help ya with the value, BG....I just have a bunch of old books that don't have current values.

AntiqueDr
    (1/25/02 9:05:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: let alone what's it worth! What is it!
    Assuming its a standard gun without engraving, etc., it would have value as a shooter only. Max $175.