The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20 ga Stevens Mod 311 - H Series double barrel shotgun that I need to break down. The forearm was removed after I removed the screw. The barrel appears to be held to the receiver with a 1/4 " pin. I could not find anything showing this model with the pin holding the barrel. Before I start to attempt to remove the pin, I want to sure that it is necessary. Any suggestions would be helpful. Larry

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
Open the flippin' action, that means push the top lever to the right, the barrels will fall off in your hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open the flippin' action, that means push the top lever to the right, the barrels will fall off in your hand.
Wish that was true but it doesn't work moving the lever to the right. I haven't found any photos of this shotgun with the pin in the receiver. All those without the pin open and release the barrel from the receiver.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That's the only way any Stevens shotgun comes apart!
All of them have a hinge pin. Push the lever, drop the barrels and they come off.

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
Wish that was true but it doesn't work moving the lever to the right. I haven't found any photos of this shotgun with the pin in the receiver. All those without the pin open and release the barrel from the receiver.
Ah, but it is and don't tell me otherwise. I've owned more of those doubles than most folks. Do what Hawg said first, you don't remove any screws to remove the forearm, then push the top lever to the right and the barrels come right off.

'Course, we all know everything is on the internet and it's all, always right.....ha,ha.

It does appear u-boob has about 200 videos on it.

Reactions: Hawg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, but it is and don't tell me otherwise. I've owned more of those doubles than most folks. Do what Hawg said first, you don't remove any screws to remove the forearm, then push the top lever to the right and the barrels come right off.

'Course, we all know everything is on the internet and it's all, always right.....ha,ha.

It does appear u-boob has about 200 videos on it.
Well I did a "Robert Dumas". You were all correct. Placed the forearm back on barrel with screw and pulled the mechanism along with the forearm off the barrel and barrel came off receiver. Happy New Year

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Well I did a "Robert Dumas". You were all correct. Placed the forearm back on barrel with screw and pulled the mechanism along with the forearm off the barrel and barrel came off receiver. Happy New Year
We all have at one time or another.
Does yours have a wood or synthetic stock?
My 16 ga has the synthetic stock.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
We all have at one time or another.

One time? Good grief, you oughta be at my house!!! Sometimes it's a daily occurrence here. Seems I have difficulty with the old saying, "learn from other people's mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself." Well, I'm trying!!!...... :unsure:

Reactions: Hawg and One Shot

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I think the H series came too late for a tenite stock. I have a 5100 that had a tenite stock and a 311 H with a wood stock.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Those Stevens side-by-side shotguns are incredible values. They don't fetch the money the big names do, but they are every inch as good (or better!). At least you can use them like a REAL shotgun and not worry if you come home with a small ding in the wood...

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
My very first double, 40 some years ago, was a Stevens 311. I guess it fit me good because I killed a semi full of doves, a lot of quail...when there was quail around here, pheasant and later chuckars with that ol' double. It also ignited a fire for fine doubles, drillings and combination guns that has yet to burn dim.

Reactions: One Shot
1 - 12 of 12 Posts