The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stevens model 22-410 made by savage arms not sure of the value but would like to know that and some other info if possible thanks in advance.
Joint Military camouflage Sleeve Textile Air gun

Hand Tool Knife Finger Hand tool

Product Sleeve Shotgun Everyday carry Pen

·
Registered
360 Posts
Savage version is their model 24 that looks similar but I believe the stock and fore end wood is a little different.

In decent shape, the Savage version would be valued in the neighborhood of around $350 - $400.

I'm thinking the Stevens marked version, like yours would be valued about $50 - $100 less.

Is the 410 chambered for 2 1/2 or 3 inch shells? If not marked for chamber length, it's probably for 2 1/2 inch shells.

Hope this helps.

Jolly

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
The .22/.410 was introduced by Stevens in 1938, and made until 1950 when Savage made them as the Model 24. They are chambered for the 3" .410. In WWII, the Army Air Force purchased 15,000 for survival guns. They were issued with all Aluminum 3" .410 #6 shot shells, and had Tenite stocks. I have one of those in mint condition, that was issued to my uncle, who later found and purchased it, after finding it in his plane when he landed it at the Arizona scrapping yard.
Mine is priceless.:)
Yours, in today's market, and that condition, is in the $450-500 range.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Yup, the value of these guns has increased and I attribute much of that to the zombie apocalypse crowd. I have a 24S-C 20 Gauge MOD/22LR that has the side lever to open the action and a switch on the hammer to choose the barrel. I think I paid $325 for mine maybe 4 years ago but it fulfilled a childhood “want”. As a kid I always thought they were just the coolest.
Brown Plant Nature Wood Branch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the responses I would never sell this gun as it belonged to my dad who passed 2 years ago just curious on value. Cause I couldn’t find any like the one I have with the gold hammer, trigger, and takedown lever

Savage version is their model 24 that looks similar but I believe the stock and fore end wood is a little different.

In decent shape, the Savage version would be valued in the neighborhood of around $350 - $400.

I'm thinking the Stevens marked version, like yours would be valued about $50 - $100 less.

Is the 410 chambered for 2 1/2 or 3 inch shells? If not marked for chamber length, it's probably for 2 1/2 inch shells.

Hope this helps.

Jolly
It is chambered for 3 inch shells

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I can remember seeing the rifle/shotgun O/U's in Walmart and Kmart when I was younger. I always thought they'd make excellent squirrel hunting tools. As best I can recall, they were in the $380 - $420 range, which was always just above my budget, so I never acquired one. Now that my financial condition has improved to a point that I can afford one, sadly my physical condition has deteriorated such that I can no longer prowl the squirrel woods like I once did.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an old Stevens 22/410 with the tenite stocks. It was my Uncle Ned's "Patridge" gun. He would shoot the birds on the ground or in a tree with the .22, and switch to the 410 for birds on the wing. I could never get rid of this gun, it has too much nostalgia.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Thank you all for the responses I would never sell this gun as it belonged to my dad who passed 2 years ago just curious on value. Cause I couldn’t find any like the one I have with the gold hammer, trigger, and takedown lever

It is chambered for 3 inch shells
The receiver has been refinished in nickel plating and the small parts plated in gold. This is aftermarket plating, and it doesn't increase the gun's value-in fact it devalues it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The receiver has been refinished in nickel plating and the small parts plated in gold. This is aftermarket plating, and it doesn't increase the gun's value-in fact it devalues it.
Okay that’s what I was kind of thinking since I couldn’t find anything else like it. Really just wanted a rough estimate of value on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts