Sticky Holsters

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Broot, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thought I’d post up my recent experience with Sticky Holsters.

In 2016, I purchased (Amazon) one of their sticky holsters to EDC my Sig P938 IWB. Great little holster...

...Fast forward mid 2017, I noticed some wear showing. By late 2017, holes had appeared in the most worn areas.

Tuesday of this week, I contacted Sticky Holsters to inquire about the wear, asking if this was normal. The response:

“Thank you providing us pictures of your holster.

Sticky Holsters Inc. has a lifetime warranty on the craftsmanship of our products. Which means if any of our binding or stitching comes undone upon receiving your product, we will repair or replace any of our products should they fail due to craftsmanship. We do not warranty wear on the product as our holsters, like any other, will wear overtime...

...Normally we do not provide replacements for such worn holster after daily use of carrying. But after reviewing your pictures, it appears the holster that is being used is the wrong size for the firearm that you have.

If you can provide us with a proper address, we will send you a properly fitted replacement holster free of charge?

Respectfully,

The Sticky Holsters Team”

In the Friday mail, the new holster arrived. This holster (SM-5) truly fits the P938 like a glove and I suspect will fare better under everyday use.
    A9A0623A-1DC4-4A7B-AE82-CCA7A251E9DB.jpeg

After sending a thank you email to Sticky Holsters for the new holster and great customer service:

“We are very pleased to hear that the holster fits your comfort and carrying needs! For being a proud supporter and customer of Sticky Holsters, here is 15% off your future online Sticky Holsters orders:
    (code)

If you have any future questions with sizing or anything about our products, please let us know and we will be happy to help!”

Great company!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    maddog3355, Conman, Kippy and 2 others like this.
  2. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It will be interesting to see if the new holster wears like the old one did

crystalphoto and Broot like this.

3. Broot

That it will. I’ll try to remember to check back. :oops:

If I don’t check back anytime soon, no news is probably good news :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    dbcooper likes this.
  4. Kippy

Kippy Well-Known Member

NICE! who would have thought they would send you a new holster? I have always been hesitant of Sticky holsters as a IWB, because of no clip on the holster to help hold it up and in place, have you ever had a issue of it slipping? or dose it stay right in place?

Broot and dbcooper like this.
  5. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds like good customer service to me.

I can't speak to Sticky holsters staying in place Kippy, but I have used a Remora holdter, same idea here, sticky sort of material, in iwb use, and it really does stay in place. 'Course I wear it under a belt, and let's face it, I'm not doing gymnastics with it! But for normal use it is a good holster.

carver, Broot and Kippy like this.
  6. Broot

Never had an issue with the holster drawing out with the gun, either. I also wear a belt, though I’ve used without a belt once or twice without issue.

I was skeptical at first, but the holsters stay in quite well. The material inside the holster allows your firearm to slide out nice upon draw. The material outside gets a good grip.

Think one of those sticky rubber kitchen grabber pads (whatever they’re called) for opening stubborn lids.

carver likes this.