The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive taken some time off looking for reloading, ammo and everything gun related for about 1.5 months and its still the same ol, same ol. I HATE the scam artists on ********* selling all their BS ammo at insane prices. Hopefully this turns around soon or i"ll have to start reloading and that was my last resort.

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
Reloading will be about as bad as these supplies are hard to get also. Primer and bullets you can't find anywhere around here.

·
Registered
144 Posts
or powder in this area. I'm loading up the last of all my supplies, then that's it. It's time to stop shooting for fun only.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I must admit that I have been pretty lucky. Although I started off with more than enough to hold me over through this rough patch. I have been fortunate enough to find powder and bullets on a regular basis. If it helps, I'll list the places I frequent. Maybe one of them will have what you are looking for, or perhaps maybe you will find another site on the list that you did not know about. In no particular order:

R&R Arms
Everglades Ammo
Powder Valley
Brownells
Midway USA
Wideners
Natchez
Mid South Shooters
Grafs
Abel Ammo
Target Sports USA
Sportsmans Warehouse
Cabelas
Bass Pro
Gamaliel
Gander Mountain

I have personally ordered from all of the sites above except for, Abels Ammo, Gamaliel, Everglade Ammo, Gander mountain and Bass Pro.

Hopefully this list will help you find what you are looking for. Honestly though, with the way things are today, you have to be 90% lucky and 110% diligent in your search for supplies.

I would suggest to make accounts at all the places above. That way, if and when you do find what you are looking for, you wont waste precious time signing up and have the items swept out from under you while signing up.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
I must admit, the situation for reloading isn't any better. I am glad that I am pretty well stocked because this valley is dry. I just bought my first .223 and I have decided to put the rifle away for a bit because there is nothing in the way of components for reloading. Oh well, win some and lose some.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Get out your Cabelas, Sinclair, Midway, whatever catalog you order bullets from. Go through with magic marker and high lite all the different caliber & flavor bullets you utilize. Tell the girl you ain't spending over say 300 bucks. Start giving her the numbers. Of course you'll find outta stock on most items, but you'll end up spending the 300 bucks on bullets they have in stock. They keep getting bullets in too. When I back order from the mail order places, they often send them out to me within a month. Whenever I back order, I always buy 5-6 boxes of that specific bullet. I've been getting pistol & rifle bullets in the mail every week or so, no joke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually was able to get 6 cases of 9mm from bulkammo.com they seem to have a limited supply of a number of different kinds of ammo. Not sure if this will help anyone but thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It seems like the supply situation has become worse than 5 or 6 weeks ago....

There are new ammo purchase laws in NY and CT that are driving demand here... In NY there will be no Internet purchases of ammo starting in 2014. All ammo purchases will require a NY state background check and all ammo purchase information will be sent to local police for possible action.

NY has lots of gun owners and this new law is creating huge demands on both local and Internet retailers.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

There are new ammo purchase laws in NY and CT that are driving demand here... In NY there will be no Internet purchases of ammo starting in 2014. All ammo purchases will require a NY state background check and all ammo purchase information will be sent to local police for possible action.

NY has lots of gun owners and this new law is creating huge demands on both local and Internet retailers.
Y'all ain't seen nothin yet!

·
Registered
26 Posts

Y'all ain't seen nothin yet!
Agree on both points. 6 weeks ago, there was ammo available here and there. One local Farm and Fleet had 6,000 rounds of ammo of 45auto alone. Of course I didn't shoot 45 at the time, so I didn't buy any. Now I can't find it anywhere locally. In the past 6 weeks, I have been able to find through retail stores like Walmart and Farm and Fleet:

223 - 40 rounds, $0.48/round
22LR - 855 rounds, $0.05/round
38auto - 100 rounds, $0.34/round
38special - 100 rounds, $0.37/round
40S&W - 100 rounds, $0.41/round
45auto - 400 rounds, $0.45/round
7.62x39 - 120 round, $0.34/round
9mm - 500 rounds, $0.25/round

It may sound like an ok amount, but this is the results of checking 3-4 times per week. So I have been busting my butt trying to get ammo and it has helped, but not been able to get what I would like.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Here in Alaska, if ya live out in the sticks, you have to pretty much mail order which means buying most of your powder & primers from the LGS even if it's hundreds of miles away. If ya live in say Anch, they will ship by boat and one can get anything that is in stock. Many friends order from places like SSA & other distributors. All the gun shops up here continue to get primers & powder in, just goes quick. I just started building up my revolver supplies over the winter and haven't had any real problems by just calling 4-5 gun shops & Sportsmans. I have been mail ordering bullets & brass from the same places you all can get it from and those heavy boxes continue to show up at my post office.

Sad to see what has occurred in NY State. When I lived back in Pa, we would hunt & fish in western NY and hard to fathom what those guys are going through. You guys back there better get stocked up here in 2013 before new law changes or you'll feel even worse nx year. I keep telling ya all that Shooters Pro has pistol/revolver JHPs on their site every week or so, over runs & seconds. They usually post 1-2 times a week, I look at site when I get home in afternoon and usually buy 8-10 boxes at a time; boy am I glad I found that site. You need brass, go straight to Starline and back order. When they get enough back orders, they make a run. And like I keep tellin you all, I continue getting bullets from Cabelas, Midway, Sinclair, Graf is another one to give a call.

I went through what you all are once before too 5-6 years back, decided it ain't happenin again to this boy, no joke.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Not only are ammo and reloading components in short supply everything related to reloading is out of stock. I wanted to buy additional primer pickup tubes and Hornady bushings, but they are out of stock every where. I don't know how some of the reloading retail stores are staying in business - they have nothing to sell.

I wanted to buy additional magazines for my Ruger mark II .22, M&P .40, and M&P 9mm - no luck anywhere. The only two items I've been able to find that I have been searching for are a Hornady .45 shell holder plate and a set of .45 ACP dies. It took a lot of looking to find them.

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
No black powder balls or primmers. Who the heck is hoarding that?

·
TFF Chaplain
20,406 Posts
The problem has reached over here. Nobody can get American ammo or reloading components. Everything is on back order and nobody knows when it will be getting in. The US customers will most likely get served first. Fortunately we can look east for supplies as well as west, so some items are available. But more expensive.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hoarding is a nasty word. I believe it means buying up more than you need or can use.

The new laws in CT, NY, Colorado and other states have made the situation much worse and the gun-grabbers keep marching on.

Anyway, I suppose this situation will continue for a year or so.... UHG!

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Hoarding is a nasty word. I believe it means buying up more than you need or can use.

The new laws in CT, NY, Colorado and other states have made the situation much worse and the gun-grabbers keep marching on.

Anyway, I suppose this situation will continue for a year or so.... UHG!
I keep hearing this word hoarding all the time on this Forum. I don't know anyone who is hoarding, since I don't know anyone who can even find ammo.

So if no one can find any ammo or reloading components, then answer this question: "Who is hoarding?"

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So, does that mean if you are finding/buying reloading supplies, you are one of those no dang good hoarders, ha ha. Oh My? Let me tell ya something: If they're a sellin and price is right, I'm a buyin. Ain't nobody in my community calling anybody hoarders; they'd fall over laughin their guts out; funny to even think about. No joke, my neighbors & friends are glad I started reloading a few years back; they call me when all they got is empty brass and a gun in the corner; like when the caribou are streamin through the woods behind the house.

The small mum & pop gun shops you all buy from; don't they all order ammo & reloading supplies for you guys? They actually want me to give them a list of what I'm looking for, they want to order in supplies for me, no joke. I might pay $42 for a thousand primers but they are $38 at Sportsmans anyway. In Alaska, everything is high priced, in many villages, people pay 8 bucks for a gallon of fuel; nobody not driving.

You guys should ask your local gun shops when they are placing their powder/primer orders in, see if they'll get you some too. I bet they will in a minute.

G

·
Stopped by Green top today.

Bullets low
primers low limit 5 boxes of 100
Ammo low but more than last time I was in there. Many popular calibers are a limit of 1 box.
2 little rounds of 22 BB caps is all for 22 ammo. Plenty of 17hmr though.

I picked up 400 25 cal 75 gr V-Max bullets and 2 pounds of H4350 for my 25-06.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So, does that mean if you are finding/buying reloading supplies, you are one of those no dang good hoarders, ha ha. Oh My? Let me tell ya something: If they're a sellin and price is right, I'm a buyin. Ain't nobody in my community calling anybody hoarders; they'd fall over laughin their guts out; funny to even think about. No joke, my neighbors & friends are glad I started reloading a few years back; they call me when all they got is empty brass and a gun in the corner; like when the caribou are streamin through the woods behind the house.

The small mum & pop gun shops you all buy from; don't they all order ammo & reloading supplies for you guys? They actually want me to give them a list of what I'm looking for, they want to order in supplies for me, no joke. I might pay $42 for a thousand primers but they are $38 at Sportsmans anyway. In Alaska, everything is high priced, in many villages, people pay 8 bucks for a gallon of fuel; nobody not driving.

You guys should ask your local gun shops when they are placing their powder/primer orders in, see if they'll get you some too. I bet they will in a minute.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
My local shop has a little bit of powder and tons of primers (all sizes including magnum, but no promises on brand) in stock. Don't know pricing, as I stocked up awhile ago. Also Hornady bullets at around $30 per hundred.

They are closed now until Tuesday at 10 AM. www.fieldsoutdooradventures.com A call on Tuesday will get answered before an email.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts