Stinkin Bloody Stupid Ants!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big ugly, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

went to the doctor over the swelling in my feet and guess what, I am alergic to fireants. I had to get two shots, one in each foot and I will have to go back to the doctor in a few days.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh no! That's awful.

3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride Active Member

That'll teach ya to not go hunt'n them crim'nals w/o me!! :D

4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I know how it feels to get stung by red ants, got a fistful of 'em trying to climb out of a ditch. I'm not allergic to 'em so I didn't swell up but I know the pain.

5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

a bit of gasoline and a match will make you feel better. snap crakle and pop the little suckers

6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

My cousin has the same problem except he nearly passes out after he's been bit. I couldn't believe they bothered him so bad but they do. Good luck with stayin' clear of them. :) Hope the feet get to feelin' better...

7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

take care of them dogggies BigUg

8. 38 special

38 special New Member

I got bit alot by those darn fireants in Texas-- Got those little clear water or puss filled boils on my skin every time they bit me. They are nasty buggers.

9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Sorry for you! Got bit by one fireant in Florida once. Can't imagine multiple bite!!:eek:

10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

One of the little kids (about 2 now) at our church got into a bed of them last summer, we thought he was a goner for sure!! They can be very bad, as you discovered. I have our pest control company spread some kind of poison so we haven't seen any in our yard for about a year now, best $21 a month that I can spend.

11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Ouch! Sorry about the shots. We dont have any such thing as fire ants here, fortunately.

In fact, bug wise there is nothing I know of here that's going to hurt beyond a wasp or bee sting. We only have one poison snake (adder), and unless your already ill that's going to do no more than make you feel a little sick.

12. jay3534

jay3534 Active Member

I to have been bitten / when the little blisters POP the itching gets worse. Tried everything to stop the itch and my wife asked me if I used vinegar on all my bites why not this time. Vinegar did work better than anything else. Best of luck.

13. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Don't ya run them dern things up my way... ya hear.... :D

In Vietnam, outside of Cu Chi, I saw friggin fire ant mounds

that were 5' tall or better.... :eek:

Like the rats, I guess everything there was bigger and badder... :(

14. topper

topper New Member

fireants, ya say. i gots lots and lots of them. mounds so large thay can damage blades on a bushhog or a hay mower. when they dry out and get hard, it's like hitting wood or iron. nothing, but nothing will kill them boogers. i have seen them completly take over a hay field (mine) in a very short period of time after a spring rain like we just had. just keep dragging them down with a log or heavy chain behind the tractor is about all that can be down to level them down so they don't damage hay equipment. very bad in a cow pasture. sometimes so bad that a mama cow cannot even have a calf without fireants attacking and killing the newborn almost immediately. maybe our prez outta spend some of our money on a fireant poison that works and distribute it free to us that need it. after all, it is our own money he is spending. fat chance that will happen.

15. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Alabama has a Biological Control of Imported Fire Ants progam that seems to be working. I have found very few here and I don't see the big mounds in fields like they are in TX. They were one thing I was happy top leave behind in TX & FL.

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-1149/