The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of days ago while looking for I don't remember what (or where) on the Internet, I ran across a comment on how some Brit shooters have been able to retain rifles with higher capacity mags. I remember his having named Ruger's Mini-14 specifically, and think he may've also referred to AKs, FALs, and perhaps others. What they did was convert the semi-autos to manually operated straight-pulls; didn't say how, but I'd imagine they plugged the gas port, leaving the operating spring in place to close the bolt after extracting & ejecting the fired case. Anybody here familiar with this? Should the unthinkable happen with regard to legislation, that may be a way to avoid trashing an AR, AK, or whatever. Then again, even if all the PC feelgood bans did go into effect, it'd take decades for Feinstein and what's his name's successors to even make a dent in the number of arms owned by law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
YEs, you can make a straight pull bolt action from any gas operated semi auot by simply blocking off the gas system. No other mod is needed. I believe the brit legal guns barrels are actually gas port free. So theres no way to make them semi auto unless they drill out the barrel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts