The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never seen a Les Baer custom until I bought mine I thought the sights were the ones that came on the gun. I happened to take the gun out of it's case in garage when it was pretty dark and the sights glowed. Then I took it outside where it was very dark and the sights had a bright glow to them.

I decided to call LB and see what kind of sights they were. I found out the gun was made in August 2012 and shipped with standard iron sights. They had no idea what had been done to make them glow in the dark.

Looking it the sights more closely it looks like some sort of "glue" or coating looking material has been added to both front and rear sights. I've attached some pictures below - anyone know what it is"?

Attachments

·
Administrator
32,488 Posts
It's just a glow in the dark paint. I can't recall the brand but take it out tonight and shoot it. If you don't flinch. the glow will go away due to muzzle flash.

Night sights are pretty cool but shooting a midnight match, I found them useless after the first shot.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yep. What Sam said.

Some of the better sights can still be seen. The ones that are on our S&W's cant though. I like the meprolites on my kimber. Good contrast if there is light and bright dots without. That's how I find my gun at night. I keep the sights facing towards me.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
prolly glow in the dark toenail polish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts