1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 4:44:18 pm)
    Stray cats
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While I have no problem with "pet cats" ie. allowed outdoors a few times a day, but kept indoors most of the time.... I am sick of the strays, their crawling all over my new pickup at night, tearing open the trash, pooping in the flowerbeds and the watergarden.

I feed the birds in the back yard and love watching them, but the cats love mutilating them and leaving them on the lawn...I have doves, lovebirds red and blue birds and even a yellow canary.

We have a "cat man" down the street who leaves his garage open and feeds them very well...the cats are not his per se...but they are multipling like tadpoles and hiding in the vacant lots around the neighborhood.

I'm sick of it.......Anyone seen my .22 shorts around here?

Just venting.

~Donny
    ------------------
    United We Stand

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/5/02 4:47:41 pm)
    Reply Re: Stray cats
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My shorts are 36's. They may have a few skid marks in 'em. Maybe that'll help.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 5:19:09 pm)
    I've got the same thing at my office. There are probably 10 cats that live in the bushes behind our parking lot. Since I'm the first one to work in the morning at 6:30, they love to sit on my warm hood. One day I was able to sneak up behind one of them while he was on my hood, and I smacked the crap out of him. Well, just my luck, he left long claw marks all the way down the side of my car on his way down.

Since you live in a populated area, I'm guessing it's illegal to discharge a "real" firearm to get rid of the cats. You might try a BB gun or pellet gun. There's almost nothing more satisfying than popping a cat in the butt with a pellet gun when he thinks he's king of the world.

Or call Animal Control or Code Compliance.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 5:43:35 pm)
    Re: Stray cats
    Animal controll is a joke around here...As far as the BB gun it wont work bro...I've laied down on 'em with my electro pnumatic full auto paintball gun...13 balls per second bouncing of their head, but they always come back.

Now if I were to invest in one of those Gamo or comparable air rifles and started tacking 'em @ 1200 FPS... (sounds like a plan)... but I'd rather be saving for an AR 15 right now.

Don....

you are gross, Bro.

------------------
    United We Stand

Edited by: Crpdeth at: 12/5/02 5:46:46 pm

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/5/02 5:45:03 pm)
    Donny, Eley Subsonic's work best. Nice and quiet.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 5:49:03 pm)
    Shooter22:

Do they have enough penetration for a belly shot @ 15 to 25 yrds?
    Are these LR or short.?

------------------
    United We Stand

Edited by: Crpdeth at: 12/5/02 5:49:54 pm

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 5:50:12 pm)
    Try a taser. Guaranteed they won't come back.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/5/02 5:53:31 pm)
    Heh Heh.
    ------------------
    United We Stand

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/5/02 9:35:20 pm)
    I'll sell ya my shorts 3 for $1.00!

Condition is 98% with a little loverly brown patina
    skid here & there!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/6/02 2:41:04 am)
    Get a blow gun and put some real long darts in it, Bob has the poison tree frogs.

I have a couple of air rifles that supposedly shoot circa 900 fps, wanna borrow one?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 8:05:41 am)
    I have the same problem with a neighbor feeding wild cats. When it was warm, I've seen as many as 9 at a time. Needless to say, I've tried warding them off with my Crosman 760, but they seem to keep coming back for more... food

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/6/02 8:45:53 am)
    I have a solution to the problem.

Box them up and send them to T. She likes cats.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/6/02 9:05:53 am)
    Sam, T probably don't like em that much.

Crpdeth, Just trying to help!! Always keep family first!! HE! HE! HE!

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/6/02 10:24:03 am)
    Maybe she doesn't like them that much but I'd love to see the pictures of when she gets the 1st shipment.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 11:13:29 am)
    Shhhhhhhhh... don't let the cat's out of the bag quite yet, we'll need to rile those Lil' boogers up some 1st. hehe

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 12/6/02 11:41:59 am

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/6/02 12:15:07 pm)
    LOL you guys are crazy...Yea, I suppose I like cats too...if they were pets, but these are no more than wild animals plain and simple.

Hey Twins...send me one of those babies!

------------------
    United We Stand

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/6/02 12:42:54 pm)
    My neighbor, who feeds stray cats, says "cats are ment to be free and run loose". I ask her when was the last time she saw a dog born with a collar. She hates dogs and lets cats run wild.

Some how they are starting to thin out. Could it be the sub-sonics I found in the safe?

Smoky the innocent

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/7/02 6:44:59 pm)
    Here Kitty-kitty...

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 12/13/02 3:27:37 pm

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/13/02 10:49:54 am)
    LOL.......!
    ------------------
    United We Stand

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/13/02 5:55:17 pm)
    Oh yeah, they will kill a dog. We had a stray dog that the catcher could not catch. It got in our yard and was eating the other dogs food. I popped him and not one of our neighbors new.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/13/02 8:54:28 pm)
    Call CHINA HOUSE!!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/13/02 11:34:08 pm)
    Damn it LTS, cut that out, I like chinese food!

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/14/02 2:14:48 am)
    I feed a lot of birds around here, (Oops actually the wife does most of it) and some people like to dump their strays close to me. My neighbor feeds them. I have a few hav-a-heart traps big enough for cats. I just relocate them. Put the traps on the other side of the house and no one knows what happens to the cats.

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/18/02 6:41:30 am)
    crpdeth,
    Send me your addy. I will send the tub of pellets too. I would definately sight it in first though. I haven't fired it in oh...around 4 years.

fiedlerc@yahoo.com

twins

308bolt
    (12/23/02 9:29:44 pm)
    Stray cats are not a problem by me. We have both chronic wasting disease and West Nile virus in this area, because of those two and the press that they receive most people aren't aware of the epidemic of SKDS ( Sudden Kitty Death Syndrome). Picture a feline ripping into a nest of baby cottontails or stalking a fledgling songbird or destroying the nest of your favorite waterfowl or upland game bird, and suddenly a small red hole appears in its forehead. Often times you will see a splash of gray matter on their shoulders or backs. These are the definitive signs of "SKDS". There is no cure, in actuality this is the cure. Non native predators which have no natural balance are unlikely to survive in this environment.
    There are many species included in that statement. Cats are the most obvious.
    Steve

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/27/02 9:37:12 pm)
    The Haveaheart traps are very good, once you learn how to bend and sent them to have a hair trigger platform. I relocate the trapped pests into the nearest body of water big enough to accept the trap. Mice sink or toilet, bigger trap hot tub or pond..
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

Mauser45
    (1/6/03 7:14:13 pm)
    I got an RWS pellet rifle, only 650 fps, not a magnum. It does the job out to 20 yards! The spring type are the best, no noise, just a little pnnk!! Blow guns don't make it, critters pull the darts out. Outta be ashamed of ourselves talkin' about these dastardly thoughts!

Loki
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 3:10:09 pm)

308 opined
    Quote:
    and suddenly a small red hole appears in its forehead. Often times you will see a splash of gray matter on their shoulders or backs. These are the definitive signs of "SKDS".

SKDS is common here too. Very sad, I'm told. On the upside, it doesn't hurt the pelts.....

-- Loki

Celtic Dirk
    (2/4/03 6:04:36 pm)
    Reply Cats
    1st bulldog I had LUVED cats. Chased them down and presto-----Dead Cat! Good doggie.

stan741
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/03 9:47:17 am)
    Reply Re: Cats
    Cats.....the OTHER white meat.
    The more I listen, the more I hear......and vice versa.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/03 3:34:17 pm)
    Reply Cats
    I'm a 'root cause' kinda guy. Catch 'em and cut their nuts off. Simple.

Clouder..

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/5/03 4:37:19 pm)
    Re: Cats
    I know a guy who stuffs them head first into a boot and does the cutting. Ever try to stuff a cat into a boot head first? it is quite amusing.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/03 10:44:53 am)
    You people are crazier than that crowd over at the abortion sanctity issue.

Killing kitty kats is worse than abortion...you fiends...I detest you kat killers. Oh the humanity of it all...

Pussy loven GG

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/03 12:09:13 pm)
    Y'all hear about Warpig and the cat he wanted to get rid of?

He decided he would take it down the road a few miles and dump it out and let someone else have 'em. So he took 'em about 5 miles away, dumped him and returned home. Shortly after WP gets home, the kitty shows up at the front door. WP decides he must take him further away so he goes 20 miles away and dumps 'em. Shortly after WP returns home there that kitty is again at the front door. By now ol WP is getting PO'd! "I'll get rid of you this time!!" WP exclaims. Out the front door he goes. He jumps in that rattly ol Ford he has and takes off.

Hours go by and his wife begins to worry. She becomes very concerned when that kitty shows up at the front door and Warpig still has not came home. She is about to call some friends to go looking for him when the phone rings. It is WP. He asks: "Honey did that cat make it back home yet?"
    His wife replies, "Yes he has, why?" Well Warpig exclaims, "Will you just put him on the phone, I need some directions to the house!!!!" hehehe!!!

Edited by: tuckerd1 at: 2/6/03 12:55:30 pm

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/03 3:14:51 pm)
    Hee hee, dat be a gooden. Warpig and captain morgan is not a very good navigator when 4 sheats to the wind.

Good putty Kat.

GG

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/03 3:42:14 pm)
    Re: Cats
    Pretty close to true.

Actually I beat the cat home. Was driving the Ford ya now. First On Race Day.
    Even a kitty cat can't outrun it

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

riderbob
    (3/6/03 11:01:27 am)
    Reply Cats
    We have a little saying round here " The best looking cats all wear crosshairs" I live on a farm and have one or two to help control the rodent population, but if I see them more than 400 yds from "The Compound" They are usually out after other wildlife. (pheasant and such)Then they wear my favorite fashion accessory. Crosshairs with a fast moving .22 cal HP pendant.

Rider

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  2. Celtic Dirk

Celtic Dirk New Member

ysacres: Get an American bulldog. They just love cats. And after they kill them they will bring it and drop it at your feet. Just like a good retriever.:D