The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was resizing brass and hade the rime break of on the down stroke.
.223 cal. so now i cant get it out. any ideas? theres raly nothing to grab onto anymore.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
What brand of die? I am told Lee has a build in design to remove stuck cases, duno.

Take the die out of the press and put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take it out of the freezer and see if you can push the case out. If not, get a stuck case remover from your local GS. My local GS does this service for free.

What lube are you using? One-Shot by chance?

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
nah. dont matter the type. just disassemble the top and use a small hammer to tap it out with the decapper rod. Unless its threaded like a RCBS, then youll have to use a screw driver to push it out.

Use more case lube and the rims shouldnt break off Dale.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no the wax. is what i use. and the dies ar RCBS. full length.
Tried a vise and vise grips . only choice i had. like i was saying. the bottom lip went compleatly by by.
Still got two .50cal ammo cans of fired brass to reload.:(

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
take the jam nut off the top of the die and use a screw driver to turn the stem down into the brass. It should push it out, if not youll have to remove the die and Drill and tap the base of the case for a small bolt, then modify the head of the bolt with a grinder to fit the shell holder like the rim did. then yank it out that way.

Once out, clean your dies good and use a good amount of sizing lube on the case body.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok I'll try that thanks JLA.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried it broke the end right off.
Just might have to buy a new set. there on sale right now at the LGS.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Wow. i aint ever had one stuck that bad. Did you miss one with the lube?

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
ok.. so now you have a hollow 223 shell casing in the die.. is ther and case body stuck out of the bottom of the die, if so, split it with a pair of ***** and roll the split inward with a twisting motion with a pair of needlenose.. don't contact die surface.

if no stuppy.. then freeze the thing..

could also find a thread die that will thread into the stuck case but not cut thru to the die parent metal, and extract that way.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nothing left sticking out the bottom. and the stem is now slitly bent.
I think i'm just going to have to by a new one.

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
stem? decap stem? you can get new ones..

keep us posted on how it goes..

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
nothing left sticking out the bottom. and the stem is now slitly bent.
I think i'm just going to have to by a new one.
I guarantee if you send it to RCBS with your return shipping paid they will remove it for free. Put a polite note in the box with your contact info and they will call you if they need. Otherwise if they don't call you it will be returned to your door step just like new. their customer service is the best.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guarantee if you send it to RCBS with your return shipping paid they will remove it for free. Put a polite note in the box with your contact info and they will call you if they need. Otherwise if they don't call you it will be returned to your door step just like new. their customer service is the best.
Just might do that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts