The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded up 300 rounds of 9mm and they function and shoot great.I used Winchester 231 ball power.The min.was 4.3 and max 4.8.I used the small yellow scooper that said .5cc's and it weighed in at 4.5 right in the middle when it was flat across the top checking it on the scale.I used 115 grain bullets and all the different components were hard to find.
I only had 400 bullets and 500 small pistol primers.
The powder seems to go a long way, not much is missing from the 1 pound can.

Thanks again to Brisk44 for donating the 9mm dies and the TFF for the giveaway drawing to get me started in this new activity called reloading.

I have a lot to learn but I jumped in and started the process.

·
Registered
570 Posts
1555.55 at 4.5g, but whos counting? Congrats on the experience. The more you do it, the less you'll like crappy factory stuff. And you will find that its more addictive than you can understand, untill you're there.

·
TFFWPP President
13,899 Posts
300 is no where near enough. do that 10 times and we are talking. LOL

how did you manage to find 231?! that stuff is as rare as hen's teeth right now. I had to go with tite group.

how'd you like using the dipper 300 times? is it as much fun as hand priming 300?

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I loaded up 300 rounds of 9mm and they function and shoot great.I used Winchester 231 ball power.The min.was 4.3 and max 4.8.I used the small yellow scooper that said .5cc's and it weighed in at 4.5 right in the middle when it was flat across the top checking it on the scale.I used 115 grain bullets and all the different components were hard to find.
I only had 400 bullets and 500 small pistol primers.
The powder seems to go a long way, not much is missing from the 1 pound can.

Thanks again to Brisk44 for donating the 9mm dies and the TFF for the giveaway drawing to get me started in this new activity called reloading.

I have a lot to learn but I jumped in and started the process.
Congratulations! I've been reloading for over 35 years, and I still enjoy it! May there be many more hours well spent for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts