Suggestion to FAA How to Stop Terrorists on Planes

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Mithrandir
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/18/02 7:45:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Suggestion to FAA How to Stop Terrorists on Planes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Federal Aviation Agency
    800 Independence Avenue S.W.
    Washington D.C. 20591

Dear Sirs;

I have the solution for the prevention of hijackings, and at the same time getting our airline industry back on its feet. Since men of the Muslim religion are not allowed to look at naked women we should replace all of our female flight attendants with strippers.

Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing a naked woman, and of course, every businessman in this country would start flying again in hope of seeing a naked woman. We would have no more hijackings, and the airline industry would have record sales.

Now why didn't Congress think of this?

Sincerely,
    Bill Clinton

Esse Quam Videri

2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Hope they take your suggestion; they ignored mine.
    I suggested they simply stop looking for guns, altogether.
    Best case scenario: (1) bad actor, planeload of armed passengers.
    Worst case scenario: (1) planeload of bad actors, shooting one another, saving the expense of scrambling a fighter to do what they're going to do for themselves.
    Comments???

3. Hope 69/70

Hope 69/70 Active Member

I believe you two guys have the problem solved.......LOL

Hope

4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I agree, Hope, but that's too damned simple for the Federal incompotents to ever swallow.....

Common Sense will get one EVERYWHERE. That's just not a term in their vocabulary.....

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I prefer solution #2. A plane load of armed passengers can really
    be a deterrant to any type bad actors. At least they are in a situation to determine their own destiny, not die like lambs at slaughter.

berto

6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

OR...................we could just stay off of their damned airplanes.

I know I'd rather drive 2,000 miles than fly 1 mile in their privacy invasion organization! Phuque'em!

berto

7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Berto,you're on the mark. Last time I flew anywhere, I got my shoes sniffed, and my luggage inspected, 5 times between San Antonio, and (departing) Houston. My mom was dying, I did not have much of a sense of humor, and still,they f****d with me. So, on the backside, I found a car, and drove home.
    Kinda funny, really, since I've flown well over a million miles, at government expense, in conditions where my a** would have been in a sling if I didn't have a weapon in possession, 24/7.

And now, with kids younger than my own, I get hassled for the appearance, demaenor, and attitude, for which I used to get paid.
    BULLSHIT.
    If and when the powers that now be, get it right, I may again fly. In the meantime, I have a bunch of motorcycles that run just fine.
    As a former Special Forces NCO, charged with getting the job done, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, I gotta chuckle a bit about the whole deal, since, given my background, I've been better vetted than those "keeping me safe".
    But,'til it's convenient, and pleasant, to again fly the friendly skies, I will ride the bike, when and where I choose, without the hassles an airport provides!

8. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Your remarks to Berto are well taken Terry---my wife and I flew to Mazatlan Mexico this past February, and the word 'hassle' comes to mind from people I wouldn't trust their judgements making a coffee run to McDonald's. We used to travel a lot, including a trip to Israel in 1998--not anymore, and the reasons are pretty much the same as yours. I recall the sea of faces that I seen around the various airports we encountered---mostly women and minorities---like the sea of faces we have seen over the years at the postal service and the IRS. My wife will call me a bigot for making those kinds of comments but they are honest comments, none the less. Chief
    Sorry about your Mom---

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  9. Salvage33

Salvage33 Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Well...before 9/11 I used to carry a handy little Spyderco knife in my hip pocket when doing anything, including getting on airplanes. Since 9/11, all airline trips are basically unarmed.

On our first flight after 9/11, we took a vacation to Washington, DC, Maryland and Delaware. As I pondered the self defense angle while aboard the aircraft, I told my wife that I was going to do some work, and would appreciate it if she would bring three very sharp #2 pencils with us in her purse. She didn't ask any questions, taking me at my word. As we departed Houston, she reached into her purse and pulled out the three pencils, handed them over, and then asked what I was going to work on. I told her our survival just in case some idiot was dumb enough to try to take over the airplane.

Now..and this is a question for stash...how much damage will a #2 pencil do if run up under the sternum and broken off? Or how about buried in the neck? Or an eye socket? Well, the eye might be a little more difficult to hit. Of course, there is always the shot into the kidney...can't turn it to cut the renal artery, but it should hurt like hell...and bleed a lot! Your input please.

Now, if the bad guys have guns/knives....why can't the good guys?

John

10. stash247

stash247 New Member

Under the sternum,by about 2 inches, upward, at an angle of 45 degrees, then withdraw: you must perforate the diaphragm, and insure airflow, into the thorax, to accomplish this.
    Death, by asphixiation, will follow, in 4-5 minutes.
    A humble suggestion: Your elbow, well applied, will accomplish the same end result, if employed to cause a cervical fracture, in less than 30 seconds.
    To the end of time, your mind,and it's available resources, will still be your BEST defensive/offensive weapon.
    Look in the seat the seat pouch in front of you. There is a magazine, title unknown, which will, tightly rolled, take out more opponents than you likely have the patience for. Why is this not the "weapon of choice"?
    Bottom line; how much do you want to live?

11. stash247

stash247 New Member

Under the sternum,by about 2 inches, upward, at an angle of 45 degrees, then withdraw: you must perforate the diaphragm, and insure airflow, into the thorax, to accomplish this.
    Death, by asphixiation, will follow, in 4-5 minutes.
    A humble suggestion: Your elbow, well applied, will accomplish the same end result, if employed to cause a cervical fracture, in less than 30 seconds.
    To the end of time, your mind,and it's available resources, will still be your BEST defensive/offensive weapon.
    Look in the seat the seat pouch in front of you. There is a magazine, title unknown, which will, tightly rolled, take out more opponents than you likely have the patience for. Why is this not the "weapon of choice"?
    Bottom line; how much do you want to live?

12. Salvage33

Salvage33 Member

I was thinking more of piercing the pericardium (sac that surronds the heart) and letting the SOB bleed out internally..well almost all internally. I know about the rolled up magazine, but knowing about it and using it ineffectively is one way to get your a$$ dead. But no one has ever objected to the several wood pencils I have carried on airplanes.

Just thought that they would be good to use.

John

13. stash247

stash247 New Member

Salvage, consider this: if one does nothing, in the face of aggressive action, he has a 100% chance of being wrong. Any action, at all, and you improve the odds to 50%- right or wrong.
    Prepared, and trained, to do the work, the odds continue to move in your favor, predicated on the level of training, and knowledge, about the situation.
    My old ass moves home, every night, with the notion than all about me are about mayhem, in search of locus. Long from the FEBA, still I consider the what if's, and their resultant consequences. And, as of this minute, I survive.
    I will not tell you it is always easy, because it is not. Still, I am able to tell you, since this is my constant approach, that it works.
    Evaluate every minute, of the rest of your life; prepare in advance, and learn, then practice, the skills required, to make it so!
    I'm a pragmatist; i.e., if it works, use it, and this has kept body and soul, together, for more than 50 years.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  14. Salvage33

Salvage33 Member

stash...I agree, awareness, preparation, and practice all work. However, worry will give you ulcers while paranoia will keep you alive.

My workplace is a "gun free zone" which I consistently violate. However, plane rides make this impossible for me. Guess I'll have to stay with the pencils until I have a brief moment of lucidity and think up something else.

Always check your six!

John