suppressed 50 cal muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by dbcooper, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

BlackEagle and Broot like this.
  2. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

That's a lot of snot to suppress :D

dbcooper likes this.

3. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the can isn't going to last very long and looks like it would be a booger to clean.

BlackEagle and Broot like this.
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Interesting.

dbcooper and crystalphoto like this.
  5. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

A 2/3 reduction of smoke emissions? That smoke has to go somewhere, I know, it's going to plug up and foul that suppressor in a couple of shots.

Broot likes this.
  6. Skipper

Skipper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

1. Like Hawg said, the last thing I want to do is clean the black powder residue from a non-removable surpressor.
    2. 139 db really doesn't sound all that quiet to me.
    3. If they think it's legal in all 50 states, they had better re-read the California laws.

Broot likes this.
  7. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

It won't be legal in NY. Cuomo insists that states have rights, when it suits him, in spite of the fact that federal law sees things differently.

Have to agree with Hawg and twicepop, that can is going to be interesting to clean. And it just wouldn't look right on my flintlock fowler.

Broot likes this.
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

It looks interesting.

I wonder what it will do to accuracy and precision?

For me half the fun of shooting BP is the thump, the smoke and fire.

9. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member

I`m not sure this guy really knows what the laws are, correct me if I`m wrong but that is a "MODERN" black powder and does not fall under the same rules/laws as the so called "PRIMATIVE" rifle. The first time you place a shotgun/rifle primer on it, it now becomes a modern firearm. Try to buy one of these at any gun store and you will fill out the paperwork just as you would for any modern firearm.

Maybe its just me but I sometimes wonder if I`m really sane anymore. I remember the "PAPER" gun builder on YOU-TUBE...........guess my screen was crisper than others as it was clearly nothing more than a real firearm covered in newspaper........I wont even get into the springs and shells (That worked...LMAO}

10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Illinois considers any black powder firearm as any other firearm. Same forms to fill out.

11. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Muzzle loading rifles are only "firearms" in the eyes of the ATF if they can chamber and fire a self contained cartridge or be readily and easily converted to do so.

They are not regulated or require a 4473 even if they do use a 209 primer or rifle primer.

In some states including mine, you can't hunt the muzzle loading season with a 209 or rifle primed ignition but the same rifle with a #11 nipple or musket nipple in place of the 209 primer nipple is legal to use.

Broot likes this.
  12. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member

(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “antique firearm” shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

I believe you are referring to this, more coming

(17)
    (A)
    The term “ammunition” means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm.

I wont even go to the fact a silencer is considered a firearm by itself, permanently attached or otherwise.

13. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Be a real Dickens to clean though...

BlackEagle likes this.