SW22 Victory .22 LR semi auto target pistol

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by todd51, Jan 19, 2016.

1. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It isn't the old military .38 spl. revolver and it isn't the S&W 22A but a new pistol offered by S&W that looks like it will be a winner. Manufacture's suggested retail is $409.00 and that includes two mags. The big attraction to me is the easy take down for clean up. No more cussing your Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mark series when it is time to clean things up. One screw to take out and the pistol comes apart. I think one will be coming my way one of these days.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_804153_-1_757752_757751_image

Daffyd likes this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Good review, I have never heard of it until right now. I looked at the link also and see the MSRP (for a threaded barrel) is $429 so not all that far out of line for the name S&W.

todd51 likes this.

3. V509

V509 Active Member

Once you get the hang of it the Ruger Semi auto 22 handguns come apart easily and re assemble easy enough

todd51 likes this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I've got 2 of them and I guess I haven't gotten the "Hang" of it yet, but if you follow the directions in the manual, it can be done - easy - not so much.

jwdurf and todd51 like this.
  5. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a beauty! I think I may have to add it to my wish list!

todd51 and gdmoody like this.
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have two MK IIIs, a Hunter which comes apart nice and easy but I have a 5" bull barreled Target that is a pure pain in the butt. I have filled a little here and there and improved things but you still have to reach for the mallet either coming apart or going back together. It is a great little shooter but I dread when clean up time requires a full disassembly.

Daffyd likes this.
  7. V509

V509 Active Member

I have a Ruger MK2 with a 10" barrel that is tight, a smack from a mallet or worse case the heal of my shoe and it comes apart. A small price to pay for a gun that shoots that well

8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now I want one. If I only could buy ammo for it.

todd51 likes this.
  9. jholmes

jholmes New Member

Bought one at the end of February. It was a surprise for my wife. She loves it and now I can hardly get her to let me shoot it!

todd51 likes this.
  10. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've put my Mark II away unassembled before so that I could calm down.......

If you do it often and follow the instructions it goes back together ok. After 25 years though I still hate to hit my pistol with a mallet o_O:mad::confused:

todd51 likes this.