Swan Song

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 3:07:33 pm)
    Reply Swan Song
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just had a call from one of my stockbrokers.

It seems that I had sent his firm a USPS Money Order and that they were now required to refuse all such funds transferred to them using USPS Money Orders because of the Homeland Screw-u-ity (sic) law. They are returning the money order to me.

Regardless, all here should be reminded, as I have just now once again reminded myself (for the umptheenth time), that EVERYTHING YOU SAY HERE and on any other such board, or transmit using any form of electronic communication, or any funds that you transfer from one source to another using ANY NON-CASH MEANS is now being "monitored" by "big brother" and that you are being "pigeonholed" and "catagorized" according to the "risk" that "they" percieve you to be to "them".

Our (?) government is now building dossiers on all of us, both you and I. Will you be a "Trusted Flyer'? Will you be a "Trusted Traveler", a "Trusted State-Line Crosser"? A "Trusted Funds Transferrer" and a "Trusted Grocery Buyer"? Perhaps even a "Trusted Voter"? Will you be a "Trusted Gun Owner" or will you, like our military, have your "weapons" locked up in an armory to be "issued" to you when you need them?

Folks, we are hell bound towards becoming a police state and there ain't no stopping it. It was nice to have once been free. Now an old man, I weren't always old and, in my younger days I experienced freedom the likes of which children of today will be unable to even imagine. Sadly, we have pi$$ed it all away.

If anyone at all can figure out a way to avoid the "train wreck" that we are all about to experience, then it is NOW TIME TO $HIT and get it done. Personally, I'm crawling into my hole and I'm going to try to stay out of the way as long as I can.

For these, and a few other reasons, until (if ever?) I change my mind, I shall now take my leave of posting to any online forums.

I do not single out TFF. The folks here are nice people and the intrusions that we are seeing are not of their doing.

In leaving I would like to, once again, favor all of you with one of my favorite quotes:

’T is the sunset of life gives me mystical lore,
    And coming events cast their shadows before.

Lochiel’s Warning, Thomas Campbell (1777–1844)

Them shadows is sho' 'nuff gettin mighty long, from my way of seeing things.

"If we never meet again this side of Heaven, I will meet you on that beautiful shore..."

Bye,

-- ND

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 3:12:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Swan Song
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ND, you mean you're leaving????? Who will stir the pot now?

First of all, lemme get this right: they can't accept a money order because it won't allow the Federal Government to track it? So now, you are REQUIRED to use a means of payment that is conducive to their illegal/Unconstitutional database?

I think you have a very valid point about monitoring. Everything we say on here is likely monitored by somebody. But that doesn't mean I'm going to crawl under a rock. I'm sorry if that's your final decision, ND, as I think your input on this board has been valuable.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 3:36:23 pm)
    Re: Swan Song
    'Leaving the Field' is as bad as not showing up in the first place. And still earns a mark in the 'Loss' column.

Contact your representatives (Lobby). Replace them (Vote!). Sway your family and neighbors and co-workers.

But if you are gonna hide behind the drapes because the grocery store is accumulating data on your purchases, or the IRS is jockeying to coordinate your income information well enough to send you a bill instead of waiting for your filing, or you see Homeland Security as the Decline and Fall of Western Civilization, well, just don't shoot me when I come up the driveway to deliver the newspaper

Nothing wrong with voicing dissenting opinions and proposing alternate workable solutions to national and international problems. But if you want to rant online about 'arm3d rev0-lut10n' ([sarcasm /ON] THERE. THAT'll fool the FBI's Carnivore software), well, that's just stupid, whether anyone's monitoring it or not.

Rich

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/6/03 4:59:17 pm)
    Reply Re: Swan Song
    That is why it is so very important to say absolutely nothing important, in the most absolutely confusing manner as to refrain from saying anything that might be construed to have any meaning whatsoever!

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 5:09:02 pm)
    NeoDebo, Could you please tell us(me) why they couldn't accept the certified USPS funds? (You and your stirring spoon will definitely be missed)
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 5:54:42 pm)
    NOT THE SWAN SONG AGAIN. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 6:55:20 pm)
    neo - say it isn't so!!!!! Who did you pass the pooty stirring stick to????
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 6:57:06 pm)
    Reply I'm leaving also...!
    Yes it's time to say good-bye...Why?...Because the other night while in the chat room, one of ya passed gas!...Now I know to a lot of ya that's not a big thing (kinda normal in company), but...HEY!...Times have changed. I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a third cousin, who's uncle works for the Homeland Security. He tells me that the govt. can now also track your gas(human), they can tell everywhere you've been, and everywhere your going. So the scenario could be there I am in a chat room with ya, ya fart and wham the govt. has tied me to you!...So...sorry thats just too close for comfort. Bye-Bye!

Sorry couldn't help myself...non-paranoid person here...

308bolt
    (1/6/03 7:13:45 pm)
    Reply Re: I'm leaving also...!
    So SG, that was you! I was wonderin'.
    ND: for the first time I have to agree with you.
    It worked for the Germans, Russians, Chinese, and a host of others.
    I see no valid reason why hiding out won't work for us too.
    Hope you don't mind if I don't start right away 'cause I've still got some
    unfinished business here. It was fun debating you.
    Steve

P.S.
    TO Big Brother: Kiss my hairy @$$.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/6/03 7:31:09 pm)
    ND, you do what you gotta do, but I wish you'd think it over again. You've added a lot to our group, give us a lot to talk about.

I'm an old fart too, but I didn't flatulate in the Chat room. But sounds like a fun idea.

Heck, don't let the gubberment get you down, there be plenty more going on that needs our attention. Politics will always be there wether we like it or not.

Hang tough and stick around.

Gunguy

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 7:37:06 pm)

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 9:14:14 pm)
    Reply Hey!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 9:19:19 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey!
    Ziggy - those are classic!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 9:23:32 pm)
    You know, when you straddle both sides of the fence so well, at some point a barb snags the sack (ouch) OU-EEEEE

Save one unturned stone and one stick......Debo;

my-o-my......you ARE the best!!!!

You-Do......do it------------------------so well!!

LTS

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 9:40:49 pm)
    I work in the financial industry every day and hold a brokers license also...I have never heard of any homeland security rules that prevent you from accepting money orders. I would expect that we would know first.

If we are monitored...so what. If you have nothing to hide...so what. Last time I looked, the first amendment is still in force. You still have the right to disagree with others.

Where are you going to go that you can hide from either technology or civilization??? Iran or Iraq??? Hello 13th century fundamentalism...the Taliban are on the run.

Lets not get so paranoid that you miss the forest for the trees. I get it Neo-Debo...this is just another way for you to stir the pot.

Okey-Dokey then.

swede
    Wyoming Swede

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/7/03 8:20:31 am)
    If it is, get the tar and feathers boys.

GG

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 8:55:07 am)
    {{{[[TLESAT-..456. DIAL DES. CODE]]}}} <CLICK>

input lansat <west.321.11.7894north43.23.897>

Hold, lateral 0 - no drift. Lock.

<CLICK>

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 8:58:18 am)
    Re: Hey!
    Spanish Bob

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 9:44:21 am)
    Reply Hey
    Second forum I've said 'so long' to ya. So long, Debo/NeoDebo

Clouder...

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/7/03 6:00:20 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey
    Dang it Bob, that is the secret code word and combination to the locker that we keep the "Best" in at the pumphouse. Now we have to change the codes

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 7:34:14 pm)
    Neo -

I'm hoping that you are just stirrin' a little.

If you are not just joking, and are serious about not posting here anymore, know this - you will be missed, and if you decide to return someday, I'll bet that you will be welcomed back with open arms.

Good luck to you with whatever the future holds for you.

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 8:05:00 pm)
    Shoot, there goes the neighborhood! Hope I didn't piss you off and cause this rash action??? Wasn't intended...

People wanting more anonymity, might also consider scrubbing their personal websites, as these can make tracking/profiling downright easy, without realizing it.

Good luck buddy.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 8:19:50 pm)
    Reply eeeewww!
    eeewww!!...eeewwww!...that smell, can't ya smell that smell...the smell of meatloaf and mashed potatoes...surrounds you!....(gotta put the Lynyrd Skynyrd tune to it)....

308bolt
    (1/8/03 10:56:37 am)
    Reply Re: eeeewww!
    Since when does beer and beef jerky smell like meatloaf
    and mashed potatoes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.