1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mauso1
(11/15/02 8:03:08 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Swede 6.5 tech question
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just picked up a new(used) 6.5 sporter.......has high leuopold rings ....can't get the darn thing to shoot any lower than 3 inches high at 100 yds..tried 3 different scopes.....any suggestions?? obtw it shoots well otherwise moa just high........

mauso1
(11/15/02 8:06:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del ammo is 140 pmc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also using pmc factory ammo........140 gr

Bob In St Louis
*TFF Senior Staff*
(11/15/02 4:32:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ammo is 140 pmc
I moved this post here where you expert types can give it full attention!
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

HondoJohn6508
V.I.P. Member
(11/16/02 11:34:28 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ammo is 140 pmc
I can give you one solution that I have used twice here at my gunshop in the last 2 years. First--buy a set of Burris Signature rings(with the inserts)--Second--purchase 1 each of the +.020 and the -.020 inserts to replace the originals.
In the forward ring place a -.020 in the top half and a +.020 in the bottom half. No need to do anything to the rear ring.

This will solve your problem and not put any undue stress on your scope..... I am so impressed with the Burris system with the inserts that I am gradually changing to these rings on all of my personal rifles.......Ol' John

Life Member - NRA - TSRA - Custom Riflesmith

mauso1
(11/17/02 12:09:07 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Burris Rings
Thanks Hondo.......That sounds loke a great idea ....I'll try it and let ya know.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts