The Firearms Forum banner

SxS trigger assembly help needed

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  jubylives 
#1 ·
I managed to get a new spring made but now the trigger assembly is not fitting together right when installed. Hopefully the pics show up. The last pics with out the text is the only way I can get the whole thing together but it is not correct. I must be missing something here. Any ideas?

Jeremy

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
If I set the triggers to safe and try to assemble the two pieces together this happens. Now the safety button is forced forward by the pressure of the trigger springs. Now the safety button will not go back (or to the left in the pic). I've been working on this for a week now and it looks so simple I must be missing something. I've never had this much trouble with a firearm before.

Attachments

#4 ·
its hard to tell when not in person but the trigger pivot pin holes spatially look like they should be lined up with the hole in the receiver. IE move the triggers forward so the pivot holes are lined up with the hole in the receiver then pin though all of them. From what I can tell you don't have a pivot point for the triggers and that would line up the safety so it intercepts the back of the triggers the way it should be..

#6 ·
Try what Helix is suggesting and move those triggers down into the "fire" position so that pin in on the "flat" and see if that doesn't solve your problem. I have a Crescent gun which is a kissing cousin to yours and the triggers have to be in the fire position for the safety to work properly.

#9 ·
The cylinder at the rear that has the safety guide pin in it and also retains the trigger springs, it needs a washer below the spring. That will lift the safety assembly higher clearing the triggers

#13 ·
Last boxlock hammerless I had that far apart wouldnt index without the hammers being cocked and ready to fire.

#15 ·
Looking at your first pic you have a lot of clearance between the safety button and the safety. Did you take apart your gun to have the spring made or did he? Im assuming he made a new trigger spring? Is it the same gauge as the one before? If the gauge is smaller, then the space it takes is smaller causing the tolerance problem. I know your saying that there was no washer there before but it will solve your problem. So you can solve your problem or just keep wondering. It wont be a thick washer, just a thin shimming washer will do.

#16 ·
I made the spring but it was for top lever to open the gun for loading. It was sent through the gun shop I bought it from and they say the gunsmith did not do anything but when I talked to the gunsmith he said he could not repair it in a professional manner. The shop was very dishonest in my dealings with them after the original problem happened. I will never be going back and have nothing nice to say about them. So I am not entirely sure if the gunsmith did anything or not. So I am just going to sell it off to a guy that buys older guns for parts and take my loss. I greatly appreciate you guys trying to help me.

Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.