TAC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/15/01 7:33:23 pm)
    | Edit | Del All TAC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have seen the links in your signature for some time now but never have clicked on them. Well today I clicked on the link to VMBB, and what I found there was not only heart warming but very powerful words also. I spent some time there until everything started to turn blury and decided I had read all my eyes could take for awhile. Once my eyes become readjusted and rested up I will return to reread some of the post and to continue on with the ones I have yet to read. Thank you for the link, I have added it to my favorites and will visit there often.

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/15/01 8:50:12 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: TAC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fl,

Thanks a bunch for joining us there too, I've been
    with that group of folks(family) for a long time, we all
    look forward to your input over there, I wish more
    folks would stop by to read and post, I know the
    crew over there would sure appreciate it, they surely
    gave all that they could give when this country
    needed them.

Thanks, JD/Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

homer4
    (7/16/01 11:21:15 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: TAC
    Fl...were you in the Nam?

Appreciate the fine post up above...good memories...sad memories...some good people there. We think the world of JD for his efforts and commitment.

cya

Ps...No need for you to email Lts...JD has brought me up to speed on the outrage. Despicable behavior if found to be true with further digging. Thanks for offering bud.

Outrageous behavior!, and to be reckoned...If!
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/16/01 1:35:03 pm)
    homer4: No I was never in nam. When our troops were over there I was an infant/small child. When I first learned how to read I started reading literture about that era both fact and fiction. Some of the literature I have read has made me not only furious but embarrased to be an American sometimes, such as the way some of the American people and the USG treated our troops upon their return(and these were the lucky ones along with mans best friend that made it back and were not abandoned). I'd better stop now before I go on and on and end up writing a few pages and get my blood pressure up. As far as the VMBB I feel honored to be able to read the stories and post but I also feel unworthy of posting there.

Rons Toys
    (7/16/01 2:29:28 pm)
    Flhunter,
    No need to feel like a outsider, the fact that you care and are interested in how a period of time went for some who did what their country asked them for. Times were very different then, to finally be able to talk out many of our experiences to find that many other share the same memories is a good start in the healing process.
    Look at the postings from a young girl (Winter11) gives me hope that somehow there may be some of the new generations that are picking up on whats good in the world and not just walking around with a boombox, head in a fog.
    I am a Vietnam era vet, put all my time in Germany, for the longest time I didn't feel I had the right to walk in a combat vets shadow. I also felt the bad feeling our own people gave us when I returned to American soil. We all had a job to do, just different.
    So, come on over and ask a question or two, or post about a friend/relative.
    Ron

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/16/01 9:25:28 pm)
    Flhunter - most Nam vets that I know (and that includes my father and an ex boyfriend) welcome those of us who were not in Nam either because of our age or other matters. I've yet to meet a vet who does not care for others.

They need to all be welcomed home - no matter how late it might be.

Mesen
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/16/01 9:27:22 pm)
    Hey, non-vets are allowed too. Just cause you weren't there doesn't mean you can't post. The folks over on VMBB are the best bunch you ever could meet! You said you read books about that era, well here's LIVING history.
    Just cruise thru Wilborn's stories. Chief will take you right along with him as he wanders the halls of his memories. Mith is another storyteller supreme not to mention all the members who have a joke or funny story or remembrance to share.
    Bring your kleenex cuz you're gonna be crying from the memory or laughing so hard you'll have tears in your eyes.The whole group are awesome and I for one am honored they let me share in their memories.

Bree
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/17/01 10:53:30 am)
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to see you there.

homer4
    (7/17/01 3:41:17 pm)
    With the ladies Fl...more than welcome...Civies as well as military already runnin around town. A real good bar there...cold,sweaty bottles of beer,nice modified but somewhat semi-occupied juke box and cigarette machine. A swingin barmaid and more. Possible starting of a Dead Poet's Society... and more.

...and two hard boiled eggs.

Indybear57
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/18/01 1:36:49 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: TAC
    Fl-ditto what the others have said. I, too, am not a VN vet, although I'm not quite as young as you are. (I was graduated from high school the year Saigon fell. Too young for VN and to old for the Middle East.) I met quite a few of the folks over there on a previous board that was shut down by the sponsor. (They felt that it had served its purpose. NOT!) But JD brought us all together here on EZBoard. When I first started reading and posting on the "old" board I had a mindset about VN that had been shaped by what we all saw on TV every night with our dinners. Let it suffice to say the I've had a substantial change of heart. I'm now just a student seeking to learn about the "real" VN from those who were there. Now don't get me wrong, we have (probably) more than our fair share of laughs and plenty of good times, but there are tears shed too. Look forward to seeing you over there soon. Stop in at Boom Boom's (bar in General Discussion) and I'll spot you to a cold one!

Mike L aka Indybear57

PS To any vets on this board welcome home and thank you for your service! Hope to see you on the other board too!

Edited by: Indybear57 at: 7/18/01 2:38:07 pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.