Tactical Training Academy

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by 11B4V, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

The best thing about your dreams is that you have 6 years to do research on what actually needs to be done, so that you can list all the pros and cons About taking an endeavor as you want. Do you have land that you own or are your classes all going to be indoors? Do you know when you get out or retire from the military where you plan to live? Have you done a demographic study of the area that you plan to open this academy to see if there would be enough of a demand in your city or town to support your business?

It is an exciting journey you will undertake and regardless of the outcome of the business it will only be a failure if you did not continue to try. I would recommend that the capital you acquire should be enough to carry you over a few years when the business is not profitable. Many businesses will not make a profit at the beginning, so do not let it discourage you. Good luck, and God Bless you and your family.

2. 11B4V

11B4V Member

I don't think I'm going to buy land right away. I will more than likely lease it. Some stuff will take place in a classroom settings that would be located in the Acadamys HQ's. The little command post if you will. The rest will be placed out on the land broken down into zones or lanes with safe directional zones factored in.

3. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

You may have a problem leasing land if you do not plan on buying. Because if you are able to lease land you will be responsible for cleaning it up when ever the lease is over. And seeing that there will be lead on the ground it has to be considered a hazardous and environmental cleanup, depending on the parcel of land it could be hundreds of thousands to close to a million dollars.

Now this is all hear say but one of the Range Officers that works in one of the ranges had stated that the owner had wanted to sell his property and retire but the only buyers interested were developers and they would not consider buying unless the price of the cleanup was deducted or the owner paid for the cleanup himself.

4. 11B4V

11B4V Member

I get what you're saying. More than likely, any live fire would be at a specific range. Any training sites with buildings and structures, people, live actors etc. (which would be in the bulk of the land) would be conducted with blanks.

5. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I don't see a lot of these post's nor ad's for the different schools. But I wonder if it would not help to work on the conscious of people who maybe are really not ready to shoot another human? I think hesitation at the critical point could easily become a disaster. As for th different course's, I wish I could afford them, I would.

6. 11B4V

11B4V Member

desensitization comes with the training. There is a reason why we shoot silhouettes instead of bullseye type target. This is training your brain (sub-consciously) to shoot a human enemy threat while doing qualifications at the same time. The same thing would occur in my shoot houses. There would be target discrimination targets such as a silhouette with a red balloon as enemy, and blue as friendly. That would be in the event of a live fire shoot house, which would most likely only occur in the expert phase of TTA. Since we would be using blanks, I would facilitate the training with live role playing. Also, another thing I would try to introduce for desensitization would be the troysgate at my facility. Real bullets, real people, real targets, but nobody is harmed. I had mentioned it earlier, but if you are unfamiliar with troysgate, theres a few videos on youtube. One with a patrol car/traffic stop scenario, the other being a raid conducted by military personnel. It is really a great training simulation. I might run into snags with being allowed to use their technology at my facility.

7. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Have you thought about a lasertag kind of set up? If you haven't seen it before, look up a movie called Heartbreak Ridge. One of my favorite Clint Eastwood war movies. In there they use a lasertag set up for training. Just a thought mind you.

8. 11B4V

11B4V Member

I am familiar with the system. We use it religiously in the Army and I know enough about it to say that it is not a system I would want to invest in. To say the least, it isn't very reliable.

Also, I don't want to give the impression that this will ONLY be tactics. Granted, that will be a large part of it, but there will also be classes on land navigation, planning process, field craft, survival, situational awareness, etc. Although I believe that the bulk of the people would only want the tactics training, but it is all required to be that much more successful. You could know all the tactics in the world, but unless you do a good planning process, and have good situational awareness, it doesn't do much good. I hope that makes sense. My hope is, people will be able to take any situation and adapt to it while remaining tactically disciplined and using common sense.

9. stephen crossley

stephen crossley New Member

where would this be taking place?

10. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Check back in 6 years.
    He's still that far out.

11. 11B4V

11B4V Member

I'm still debating on that. Do I want it centrally located somewhere that's easy to travel, or put in in the middle of nowhere with barracks that people would stay in with the people they would be training with?