Talladega

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Oh my God, my stomach tied up into one great big knot. All I could think about was when that indy car got tangled up in the fence at Texas Motor Speedway.

Phew, then he ran to and across the finish line. Now that is a winners attitude if I’ve seen one. Good job Carl and thank God for all the safety devices that are built into those cars.

I’m glad Newman didn’t get hurt either. That must have been a really weird sight, to T-bone an airborne car with the A pillar. Wow!

HERE is the link to that amazing gut wrenching crash.

Attached Files:

2. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride Active Member

Yeah, that was 1 hell of a great race! I'm glad I copied it! :D

3. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I live about thirty minutes from the track and they said in our local paper this morning that seven people were hurt from flying debris. Could have been a lot worse.

4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I watched it as well. Seeing Carl get pushed from 22nd place to the front in just a few minutes was pretty amazing. I was out of my seat when he went into the fence.

5. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good race. What I thought was most exciting was, with half the Chasers out of the race, Jr almost beat a rookie to win the race!!!! :mad:

That boy needs to win some races. Well maybe he could if he didn't miss his pit, have loose tires and just generally making rookie mistakes. That boy ain't done nothing since he got burned in that corvette.