The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I work at a Firearms Range and I just started reloading about 7 months ago, I am trying to find cheap projectiles for 9mm and 45acp, one of our customers uses moly coated bullets, so I ordered 500 and they shoot well, are there any other bullets to use that are cheaper. I am only looking for target bullets, any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure how much time you may have to spend on the hobby, but working for a firearms range you probably could get your hands on large amounts of range lead. That said, you could mold your own very cheap. I just started molding bullets for my muzzleloader. Even with overpriced lead ingots from Amazon (Rotometals) it brought my price from $0.65 to about $0.17-0.18 per 320 grain conical. Your price would be next to nothing, other than time.

Some members here also coat their cast bullets, so you could find some good help in that regard here too.

·
Super Moderator
40,817 Posts
I buy bullets from X-treme, Berry's, and Rocky Mountain Reloading. All three places sell both 9mm and .45 bullets (not to mention a lot of other calibers).

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Hello everyone I work at a Firearms Range and I just started reloading about 7 months ago, I am trying to find cheap projectiles for 9mm and 45acp, one of our customers uses moly coated bullets, so I ordered 500 and they shoot well, are there any other bullets to use that are cheaper. I am only looking for target bullets, any suggestions.
Thanks
I cast my own for .45, and .44. If I use range lead, and wheel weights. If I use just the range lead I make sure to add some lead free solder. I don't coat, but I do tumble lube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure how much time you may have to spend on the hobby, but working for a firearms range you probably could get your hands on large amounts of range lead. That said, you could mold your own very cheap. I just started molding bullets for my muzzleloader. Even with overpriced lead ingots from Amazon (Rotometals) it brought my price from $0.65 to about $0.17-0.18 per 320 grain conical. Your price would be next to nothing, other than time.

Some members here also coat their cast bullets, so you could find some good help in that regard here too.
Thanks for the info, I am actually thinking of starting a reloading business.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,293 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am actually thinking of starting a reloading business.
To my knowledge, you'll need a license to sell your reloads, and I'd also recommend a heck of a lot of liability insurance...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts