Taurus G2C

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by PRR1957, Apr 3, 2020.

1. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have Taurus G2C, and what is your opinion about it ?

Is there issues of failures to feed, extract, or eject, and if so, was the ammo or the gun at fault.

Impression as for accuracy.

2. rawright54

rawright54 Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work Supporting Member

Quality is mediocre, but tolerable. Customers tell me that they shoot fairly well and are reliable enough. My only issue is that, despite their lifetime warranty, if you ever need support, it's not there. If you need parts, or repairs, they won't even answer the phone. In the gun world, you get what you pay for, generally speaking.

drymag, SeeMor Guns and howlnmad like this.

3. PRR1957

Most of the Youtube reviews of it give it good grade as for reliability but accuracy is on par with higher price guns of that size. Taurus has a rebate that brings it to $184.99.

There are some companies that are offering minor upgrades such as better sights and recoil spring and a steel guide rod.

As some others are predicting that after this virus scare passes that there mite a glut on panic gun buyer's who will be trying sell off what they bought as for guns to maybe put some cash back into banks for overdo bills.

drymag likes this.
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I bought one about a month ago and really like it. The SIG 226 mags are a direct fit, so if the factory 12 rounders aren't enough, pick up the 18 round SIG one and you can get a 3d printed "filler" to cover the exposed length of magazine like I did. I don't have any commercial ammo to test, but it shoots very accurately with my 124gr reloads, both FMJ and JHP's. I've had absolutely NO feed or firing problems at all. The factory stippling on the grip works great in all the right areas for a secure hold. The front sight is fixed in place and you adjust windage (if needed, mine was spot on at 7 yards.) with a small screwdriver at the rear sight. There's a short stroke trigger available from Galloway on ebay that is my next mod planned for it.

With the 12 round factory mags

[​IMG]

With the SIG 18 round mag and filler

[​IMG]

7 yard fun

[​IMG]

5. PRR1957

mogunner,

Thanks for the reply.

I have watched a bunch of Youtube video reviews were reliable feeding and extraction seems to be a plus mark for the gun. Some reviewers have claimed to had fired thousands of rounds through theirs without FTF, or FTX. Thanks for the info about the trigger upgrade. I have handled one at a gun show and it fit my hand like it was made for my hand. The trigger was also in the ideal reach and position. The only real caveat is what every one claims about Taurus’s warranty service.

mogunner likes this.
  6. SeeMor Guns

SeeMor Guns Well-Known Member

My best friend has one and I have shot it quite a bit. The trigger is horrid!!!!!! I would buy a Hi Point before this Taurus.

rawright54 likes this.
  7. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I haven't seen many complaints about the trigger (other than on here it seems). I don't find it bad at all in the stock form, it's certainly better than my SCCY, my Ruger P95, the SW40VE that I had, and every double-action revolver I've ever owned...

8. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

I have one, it works soso, not one that I will bet my life on, NOT a carry piece, but maybe a truck gun...I don't mind the trigger, like I said, it serves a purpose, and it's cheap. Don't think I would buy it again but it does fill a niche..it's my ONLY plastic gun. Someone said they would prefer a HI Point..it's not THAT bad! At least it can be field stripped easily, and the mags fit...

howlnmad likes this.
  9. zant

zant Well-Known Member

GFs daughter come over so I could give her 200rds-she has a G2-I loaded the mag with my reloads to show her-yes,lead bullets actually worked-did a mag dump-accurate but the takeup on the trigger sucked...put 2 mags through-poop through a goose.

mogunner likes this.
  10. sparkyv

sparkyv Well-Known Member

A buddy just got one. I'll follow up when he's shot it.

PRR1957 likes this.
  11. Millerman

Millerman New Member

I bought one for my son. He’s put dang near a. 1000 rounds through it. Not one single issue. He can shoot the heck out of it. Seems like an accurate and good gun to me. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another!

NEShooter likes this.
  12. NEShooter

NEShooter Active Member

I've shot both factory and reloads through it without a hitch.

13. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

G3C now available, and it appears that the trigger is much improved, and three mags...Hickcock45 demo's it...