Taurus International Manufacturing Inc.

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by K75RT, Apr 11, 2018.

1. K75RT

K75RT Active Member

Several years ago I bought a Taurus PT 24/7 OSS Tactical in .45ACP, it is involved in the class action suit against Taurus aka Carter V. Taurus... well I sent mine back in 10/12/17.. they sent a letter stating it was in for warranty work... nothing from them. I have chatted, faxed, emailed and left voicemails...finally a woman returned my call in mid-February, she told me they were keeping my gun and replacing it with a 740...a 7 shot .40SW.... She told me to have my FFL fax his license and that my gun should be out in about 3 weeks... here it is 4/11/18 I chatted with another CS Rep and they told me they do not know when they are going to ship my gun, sorry.

Never again. Taurus sucks they lie and they cheat. My gun they kept was worth a lot more than a lowly 740...oh yeah they are only coming in brown... very fitting. I asked about other guns and they said NO this is what you get... probably the only worse customer service I have had was from I.O. Never Again...

2. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I bought a 709 awhile back, but I had already accepted that if it ever had a problem I would never send it back to the factory, I'd either fix it myself or strip it down and sell parts.

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I used to own a couple of older Taurus guns
    The PT92 and an old revolver
    Both good guns
    I bought a 709 slim a out 10 years ago when they first came out
    Terrible gun. Sent it back 2 times for 2 different reasons.
    The last time it came back I tested it and promptly sold it.

I will never own another one.
    They don't hold value and the company is doing things like they did to OP

BarnMisser and crystalphoto like this.
  4. Kvasir

Kvasir Well-Known Member

I have three Taurus hand guns. The first I bought over 30 years ago. I don't know how many thousand rounds I put through it over the years, but it still works perfectly.
    The second I bought about 20 years ago. Had a screw back out, and lost a spring and detent in the field. They sent me the parts free of charge, and haven't had an issue since. The third is a PT92F that I got about the same time. It's been flawless all these years.
    Maybe the quality has dropped off over the years, or maybe I've just been lucky.
    But I find them to be fine handguns.

Disclaimer: I never felt the need to send one back to the factory.

BarnMisser and Big Shrek like this.
  5. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a PT92 FS that I bought over 35 years ago still shoots great and very reliable. What was wrong that you had to send it in. At one time I was interested in buying one but instead bought the pt92.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am very happy with my Raging Judge Magnum; flawless function and good looks -
    But to be fair, I have not had it very long -

BarnMisser likes this.
  7. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My PT 24/7 G2 45acp functions flawlessly. I have had it for 4 years now and have put a few thousand rounds through it.

8. K75RT

K75RT Active Member

My beef is not that Taurus guns are good or bad but that Taurus' Customer Service SUCKS! Been 9 days since I chatted with them. Chatted with a guy again with NO ANSWERS.... asked to chat with a supervisor... none available... But one will call me in 24 to 48 business hours... told them I do not talk on my phone at work during work hours, please email me at my email address... when the chat started I checked the send chat to email box ... they must have disabled it ...as I never received the chat transcript... go figure....

BarnMisser and Kvasir like this.
  9. Kvasir

Kvasir Well-Known Member

Things must have changed over the years. I only had to call them once. But I got great service.

BarnMisser likes this.
  10. K75RT

K75RT Active Member

I would have to say that things have changed for the worse... too bad. I have a few of their .22 pump actions and a handful of their revolvers...their Customer Service is horrible, perhaps the only CS that I have experienced that is worse is I.O. They could have triumphed through the Carter-Taurus Settlement... instead they chose to suck... Gun folks talk and word of mouth is better than Guns & Ammo or American Rifleman... we know who honors our hard earned business and who takes us for granted...Taurus takes its customers for granted, and this one will NEVER give them another cent...

BarnMisser likes this.
  11. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

I take it you never dealt with Remington's customer service.

12. K75RT

K75RT Active Member

No Sir. I never had to deal with them

13. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I had to deal with Ruger's CS a few times...CS usually stinks no matter who it is ;)

The 24/7 safety issue was kind of a non-issue for me, Wifey has a Pink 24/7 Pro-C.
    When the recall came out, took it to the range and tested the safety. It worked.
    So it never went back. Then the horror stories started.
    Was very glad we didn't send it back. Especially since the 2nd gens don't come in pink.

For those that end up having to send a gun back for repair...ALWAYS send a letter
    IN THE BOX WITH THE GUN that describes the problems you are having.
    WHY?
    Because the effing CS reps don't write down everything you say when you talk to 'em
    on the phone. Technicians usually get ONE LINE, if that...to do a repair on from CS.
    like "Does not work". Or "Jams occasionally".