Taurus Judge

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by kchociej, May 8, 2009.

1. kchociej

kchociej New Member

I'm looking to buy my first revolver and am very interested in the Taurus Judge in .410 GA/.45 Long Colt

I like the fact that it shoots 2 different caliber rounds. I can't provide the link, but there's an entertaining video on Youtube of a guy shooting trap with .410 rounds. ( search .410 judge trap clays)

Anyways, does anyone have any opinions/thoughts/comments on it?

It's going to be used for recreational shooting.

2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I tried a .410 lever shotgun for sporting clays recently, hit some. It's tricky and challenging. Shells are expensive.

3. I don't wish to be "judgmental," but . . . ;)

A well-made weapon that kicks like a mule, especially with shotshells loaded.

4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Just hope it's not as LOUD as my 'Thunder Five'. But it shoots 3" 410. I haven't tried the 2 1/2" in it to see if there is any difference in the noise level.

5. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

I to am looking at the Judge. I think the 3" 410 chamber would be a lot easier to find shells for though. I started a thread a few lines down about it and received some great response. I have gotten side tract now on it. I am thinking of learning how to reload ammo now before I buy another gun. Always subject to change at anytime though!
    Just my taxed 2 cents worth

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=59985

6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I shot one at a range and the damn thing almost jumped out of my bloody hand with 45 long colts.

7. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems with mine in fact my wife has shot it many times. Very accurate for fixed sights and the recoil from 410 or 45 lc is more tolerable than a few of the 40 calibers I have. The ribber grips have a very good feel to them. I also have the 3" matte stainless.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It would be great for home defense. I have an ultra lite one in the 2 1/2 inch. I would recommend the Judge but get the 3 inch one. As said before, the 3 inch shells are actually cheaper.

9. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

I have a 3" judge and love it.

Another thing that I recently saw was a 2.5"shell made by Federal specifically for a ".410 handgun"

10. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

You are going to love it, do get it in the 3" version though, they are a blast. Just another of those just plain fun to shoot guns.............

11. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Well-Known Member

Same here, I have the 3 inch magnum and love it. perfect for home protection.

12. Jimdo

Jimdo New Member

Great gun for home defense / personal protection as well as a great camp gun.