Taurus Opens NEW US PLANT!

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by hunter29180, Dec 19, 2019.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

maybe they can hurry up and fix my Rossi 972 I sent in MONTHS ago..

2. REM1875

REM1875 Well-Known Member

TEXAS - near Buffalo Springs -Clay County
    I have a Rossi 410 snake charmer that i need a ram rod to get the shell out of. I have a JUDGE that is fantastic, I have PT-100 P - a 40 S&W version of a Beretta 92 that I am fond of and my wife uses her Taurus 6 Round Stainless 327 Federal Mag Revolver w/2" Barrel that is her main gun. (no longer made).
    Some work extremely well, actually most do. But some I would never use, I was looking for a pump action like the Colt lighting and turned tons of Taurus rifles that almost every dealer was stuck with and were eager to get rid of -- 1) because they did not work correctly, 2) their piss poor customer service was already legendary. You can not have that many guns with problems and expect us to believe it is the user fault. Come on this rifle was perfected close to a century earlier and you still can not get it right ? Says more about the company.
    So some good - some terrible - ymmv or "Your mileage may vary" .......

shootbrownelk, tedwitt and soundguy like this.

3. soundguy

I wish they still had that 327fm. That cartridge didn't need to disappear like it did.

shootbrownelk, tedwitt and REM1875 like this.
  4. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

It is not gone. While it may not be available at most lgs with your credit card and a phone or computer the UPS man will have it on your front step in a few days.
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/327-federal-magnum

shootbrownelk and tedwitt like this.
  5. soundguy

The ammo can be found, but the choices of handguns chambered for it are dismally low.

shootbrownelk, tedwitt and REM1875 like this.
  6. REM1875

The 327 Federal Magnum mess -- First we had guns but no ammo .......Now we have ammo but no guns (besides basically Ruger and Henry) .......... The blame rest strictly on the shoulders of Federal.... 100% at fault.....

7. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Ya, currently your SOL if you don't like Ruger. Ruger dose however offer a surprising number of 327 revolvers. LCR, Sp101, GP100 and single sevens. All except the LCR available in various barrel lengths. And I believe Henry is still offering a lever gun in a couple different barrel lengths.

8. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Got one of those too. In. 357.

shootbrownelk, tedwitt and howlnmad like this.
  9. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Got one two but it is the snub nose 38 revolver, shoots better than my 642.

howlnmad, shootbrownelk and tedwitt like this.
  10. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Had one of those, did a back porch rattler with it.

howlnmad, shootbrownelk and ms6852 like this.
  11. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

I guess I beat the odds. I have a Judge (a gift) and an Ultra light weight model 85 with a 2" barrel in 22 magnum and both shoot great and have for years. I have shooting buddies that have or did have some Taurus semi-autos that had triggers that the ROCK Johnson would have trouble squeezing.

howlnmad likes this.
  12. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Mine is to 6 shot model 642.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  13. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Mines an R97206. 6 shot, 6in. stainless. Hair trigger, but heavy double action. Might be an adjustment for that? Wife adopted it for a house gun.

shootbrownelk and howlnmad like this.
  14. REM1875

At one time S&W, Taurus, Charter Arms, Ruger (made and 8 shot BlackHawk) Freedom Arms and U.S. Firearms all made 327 Fed Mag revolvers. (I believe Freedom Arms still makes them but at the price of a good used pickem-up truck damned near.) And all are rare on the used market.
    Federal decided to sell ammo to the military for the war and left everyone one hanging with no ammo and no cases (with the exception of the rare and expensive 20 pack) A proprietary case no one else made until later. At that price and availability people were not heading to the range and letting people blaze through a few cylinders .....so word of mouth was rare and actual hands on experience was even more rare. Most were left by the bedside for self defense.....

If Ruger can make it sell I look for a few of those companies to reintroduce them.
    ( I bought one from each company that made em with the exception of Freedom Arms and U.S. Firearms ....... and had to get my brass by emptying Federal cartridges)

If you are gonna introduce a new cartridge make sure you make em available .....

shootbrownelk and ral357 like this.
  15. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Who's military did they sell 327 to?
    Or are you saying they shorted out their entire brass supply.