Tell me I did right or not!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/5/02 4:11:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Tell me I did right or not!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sold a Marlin Mod. 60 Semiautomatic rifle for $20.00 on GB. It was called the ugliest 22 in the world. A guy won the bid from Palm Springs Ca. and sent me a persona;l check and a C&R FFl. I looked in the guide ATF sent me and the Marlin Mod 60 was not listed. I sent him an e-mail and told him I couldn't Ask my FFL to ship under the color of a C&R. This is correct, Right?
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/5/02 4:56:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Tell me I did right or not!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not any kind of expert but I am sure that you cannot sell that gun to him with only a C&R.

Looks like that .22 will be up a third time for me to bid on
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/5/02 5:21:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tell me I did right or not!
    Yep!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/5/02 6:10:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    As 'your FFL', rest assured I will not ship a Marlin Model 60 to a C&R.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/5/02 7:36:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    BG,

You may want to place in your relist ad that
    "Will ship to FFL only, this rifle is not C&R
    eligable."
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/5/02 7:54:46 pm)
    I never would think a Marlin 60 would be a C&R - ask the guy where he got his info. I have heard that some of the earliest ones have some collectors interest, but that don't make it a C&R.

As TAC said, if you relist it, make sure to put in your listing "NOT C&R"
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/6/02 12:29:36 pm)
    It would probably help if you listed it in the modern rifles section.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/6/02 2:58:59 pm)
    Andrew! I know you well enought that you wouldn't Violate the law for anyone. I just didn't want you rassing me and blowing rasberries at me for the next six months for being so stupid as to bring you a C&R and a Modern firearn for transfer.
    If I could get you up off the floor from laughter and uncontrolable copious trearing.

I sent the man his money back and we all had a good laugh!
    Kommie Kalifornians~ )(*&^%$#@!?><":+_*&^

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/6/02 4:02:00 pm

jonkx
    (7/6/02 3:07:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Only $20?
    Was there something wrong with the gun? If not, even in crummy shape you should get double that. I have seen worn but useable model 60s going for fifty, sixty bucks. I paid $100 new. And it ain't ugly.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/6/02 4:56:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Only $20?
    I agree with johnkx, $20.00 is a steel if it's in working
    condition!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/6/02 5:13:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Only $20?
    Front and rear sights broke off and stock cut off right behind the trigger.

Might have been something else but I do not remember. This is a $99.00 gun new and $50 to $60 used in decent shape.

I saw a guy at a gun show selling them for $130.00. I told hime they are $99.00 at the mart stores. He got mad at me He said but I will give you better service than they will. He was from OK and I live in SD

Damn fine guns though I have a few of them I have been shooting for years. Got my first one at around 11 years old as my first gun. Twice the gun as the Ruger 10-22 in my book, but I am prejudiced.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/6/02 7:08:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Only $20?
    Hey BG, I'll give you $25 for it if you'll take my CRFFL...

BTW, it isn't a "short rifle" is it?
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"