Terrorism threat level increase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/03 6:50:19 pm)
    Reply Terrorism threat level increase
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our government, who says they will protect us, has released its top tips on preparing to protect families and property if a terrorist attack knocks out access to home, food and money. The Federales advice is:

Identify two meeting places: One near home and the second away from the neighborhood in case home cannot be approached.

Find out the emergency response plans of employers, school, daycare and other officials. To where would they evacuate workers and students? Write down the answers and keep a copy in your wallet.

Keep life, property, health and other insurance policies current, and kno
    Know their terms. Store copies of these and other important documents -- identification, deeds, wills, a small amount of cash -- in a watertight container.

Have a plan for pets, since shelters do not allow them.

Assemble a "disaster supply kit" and keep it in a designated place where it is ready to "grab and go." It should include bottled water, food and emergency supplies, perhaps kept in backpacks or duffel bags.

With guidance from doctor or pharmacist, store prescription drugs and an extra set of prescription glasses.

First aid kit.

NOT ONE DAMNED WORD ABOUT OWNING A FIREARM AND KNOWING HOW TO USE IT.

How many of you think that if an attack knocked out access to home, food, and money, a firearm would be a useful thing to have?

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 7:31:58 pm)
    Re: Terrorism threat level increase
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ya kin bet yer sweet toot toot that along with my emergency preparedness kit, I've got at least one 45 cal pistol and 3 or 4 hunnert rounds, and one of my .30 cal (either 1903/03-A3 or Garand, maybe my lil ole .30 cal carbine, or possibly even my FR8 in .308 ) rifles with a few hunnert rounds ready ta go. Got em all close tagether so's I kin get to em real quik like ifn I needs to. Ammo iz kekpt in the locker rite next to em, so all's I gotta do is grab 'n go.

Also got an assortment of knives and bayonetts, an entrenching tool, an a hatchet an a coupl'a other things standin by "jest in case".

Yep, I'm prepared; but I ain't sker't nun. I made it thru 20 years in Uncle Sam's Army, even made it to Korea back in the 50's 'n The Nam in '67, so this hear "Orange" alert level don't scare me nun. It only meenz to be a bit more cautious an report any suspicious acticity ya mite see to the authorities

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/03 9:01:01 pm)
    Reply Re: Terrorism threat level increase
    I never broke down my Y2K kit. Of course, I didn't have to build a Y2k kit, because,,,,,

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/8/03 9:21:28 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Terrorism threat level increase
    The government treats us all like idiots. And for a good reason; 90 percent of Americans are idiots. In the event of a major terrorist attack, most people would run around like chickens with their heads cut off, screaming for somebody to come help them.

I have my "homeland defense rifle" and personal sidearm ready to go. Those are the first items I'll grab if TSHTF.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/03 11:00:34 am)
    Reply Re: Terrorism threat level increase
    Hey, all you die hard warriors...I'm getting too old to bend over and kiss my ass goodby.

Will someone help me out...hee hee.

GG

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/03 11:31:47 am)
    Re: Terrorism threat level increase
    Specific intelligence to cause alarm?

to what 1952Sniper says...

Quote:
    The government treats us all like idiots. And for a good reason; 90 percent of Americans are idiots

IMO, were we not told subtly to be "on a hightened alert" during the late 60's? www.howardsmead.com/60sviol.htm

again, the Goverment protecting us...

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/8/03 1:10:10 pm)
    Reply I'm confused
    Gunguy -

Which do ya need the help with - the bending over, or the kissing?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/03 3:08:08 pm)
    Reply Re: I'm confused
    I'm With You, GG !!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.