Testing - posting a picture from iPhone

Discussion in 'TFF Members Test Forum' started by gdmoody, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

GD (and all) - I wish we could upload short videos the the forum directly. But, alas, we cannot. What I posted is a screen record video which I converted to a GIF; GIF is an animated image format. It contains only a sequence of images - no audio.

To answer your second question: Yes, you should be able to right click on the image and “open in new tab.” Once you’ve done so, right click again and “Save Image As.” Re “upload a file” and insert where applicable.

If you have an iPhone with iOS 13 or newer, you can do the screen record with the iOS screen record feature. On Windows, you would have to download a screen record software such as Screen Cast O Matic or others like Adobe Captive (Captivate is expensive, and impractical in this case).

In either case, you then convert the video to a GIF. The easiest would be to use a free online service such as giphy or ezgif. This can also be done with downloaded software. On PC, I use Photoshop, since I already have it - but, again, expensive.

Free options are numerous, but, of course, need to be reputable to avoid viruses and the like. FWIW, I used my iPhone and ezgif (since giphy now requires an account).

Broot

BlackEagle, tedwitt and gdmoody like this.
  2. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

3. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

I may be, but I'm not cheap :p.

ysacres, Broot and Rae Harrison like this.
  4. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

:confused::cool::D

ysacres, howlnmad and Broot like this.
  5. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

This is to complicated for me. Luckily for me, when I was teaching at the Academy of Health Sciences, cell phones were not in vogue and all my classes I used a projector to display images of X-rays or used transparencies for the classes. Now, my wife used her I-pad as a remote and laptops to project whatever was necessary for the class. I don't even know how to face time and I'm ok with it.

6. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

This sounds like to much work. Im like Gibbs(NCIS) either I get my granddaughter to show me or you just have to take my word. No photos from me, so don't hold your breath.