The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
It has been a long while since I went hunting last, so I have a few questions. If all else fails I will contact my local game warden, just wanted to pick you guys brains so I don't get laughed off the phone. :D

-Can you hunt feral hogs in Texas with a semi auto rifle? We want to use our AK's.:AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing:

-Can you hunt in a stand with a rifle while not in hunting season? We will be hunting at the end of June.

-Can you spotlight hogs at night out of a stand?

I know you have to possess a hunting license and a hunters education license to hunt even feral hogs, and there is no bag limit on them.
Thanks!

·
Banned
10,196 Posts
Hey guys,
It has been a long while since I went hunting last, so I have a few questions. If all else fails I will contact my local game warden, just wanted to pick you guys brains so I don't get laughed off the phone. :D

-Can you hunt feral hogs in Texas with a semi auto rifle? We want to use our AK's.:AR15firing: :AR15firing:

Sure thing. You can even shoot rubber bullets at them.

-Can you hunt in a stand with a rifle while not in hunting season? We will be hunting at the end of June.

Yes you can just bring the a/c

Yep

I know you have to possess a hunting license and a hunters education license to hunt even feral hogs, and there is no bag limit on them.
Thanks!
Now I have heard that the local WLDF likes to know if you plan on using a spotlight and hunting at night. What will happen is neighbors will call in and they have to get out of bed and check it out. That aggravates the beauty sleep for some. Are you going to a ranch? IF so then they probably know common activities of certain ranches.

YOu are hunting private land right?

If your hunting public land then you need to double check every answer I gave you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys,

-Can you hunt feral hogs in Texas with a semi auto rifle? We want to use our AK's.:AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing:

Thanks!
I have been hunting TX hogs for quite awhile now, and prefer semiautomatic rifles for this purpose.

There is no season on hogs, and you can hunt them at night with lights.

Other things.......

You can use the cheap FMJ if you want concerning hogs. They work just fine if you put one of them right at the base of the ear.

Note: I only hunt on private land, so keep this in mind.

Good luck and be safe.

Below pic = DRT hog using 7.62x51mm 165gr SGK at 350yds launched from my M14S Tanker.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know the rules for a Canadian hunter to come to Texas and hunt Hogs?
I would love to do a hog hunt and we do not have any here.
Lots of big deer, elk, moose, bear, and others but no hogs.

thanks

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
Texas offers a Non Resident Hunting License
I don't know if you can buy on or not, you would have to check with the Texas Parks and Wildlife

1 - 6 of 6 Posts