Thank you all so much!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flannelman, Apr 26, 2009.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts during my family's recent loss. I'd like you to know a bit about my grandmother so I have pasted the text of her obit here.

Fannie Taylor Moore
    (April 5, 1914 - April 21, 2009)

Fannie John Taylor Moore of Prattsville, Arkansas was born April 5, 1914 in Cooney, Arkansas the daughter of the late John Washington and Nettie Riggan Taylor. She was a member of Moores Chapel Methodist Church. Mrs. Moore worked at the Prattsville School cafeteria for over 23 years, and still to this day, she is remembered for her homemade rolls. She was a loving mother and thoroughly enjoyed her grandchildren. She also enjoyed flowers and gardening.
    Mrs. Moore died Tuesday, April 21, 2009 in Houston, Texas at her daughters home at the age of 95. She was preceded in death by her husband, Virgil Moore and son in law Pauley Pumphrey.
    Survivors: Sons, Donald F. Moore and wife Rowene of Pine Bluff; Charles E. Moore and wife June of Sheridan; Daughters, Nettie J. Davenport and husband Kenneth of Sheridan; Marilyn McCool and husband Doyle of Sheridan; Joyce Pumphrey of Prattsville; Karen Witherow and husband Karl of Houston, Texas; 16 grandchildren; 23 great grandchildren and 3 great great grandchildren
    Funeral services will be 10:00 AM Saturday, April 25, 2009 at Memorial Gardens Funeral Home Chapel in Sheridan with Rev. Beth Stegall officiating. Burial will follow at Moores Chapel Cemetery. Visitation: 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM Friday at the funeral home.
    Pallbearers are her grandsons, David Moore, Ron Moore, Donnie Moore, Steve Carr, Robbie O’Neal, Mike McCool, Blake Tolleson, Steve Moore, Rick Moore and Will Pumphrey. Honorary pallbearers are David Lewis and Paul Pumphrey.

2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

She is in a better place and there isn't any worries for her now.
    Ron & Carla

3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

You are correct sir!

4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

WOW! :eek:

Will, all I can think of while reading this part is that she must have lived a very fulfilled life being surrounded by so many loved ones.

You folks are in my thoughts...

Donny

5. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Thanks Crp. We had all of the family at the funeral yesterday and there almost wasn't enough room in the family section. There are a lot of us!! It was a great funeral to celebrate her life.

6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Flannelman, condolances. Your Mom left a lot of memories. Funny how so many Moms are rememberd by their cooking. The smell and taste of great hot rolls will always bring fond memories of her. A blessed life. You might want to read Ann Coulters eulogy of her Mother who died last week.

7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Thank you for the follow up.

1914 -2009! That's quite a life to celebrate. :) It's nice she will go on in the memory so many.

8. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Actually she was my Grandmother. But thanks for the thoughts.