Thank you BobinStLouis!!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 9:53:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Thank you BobinStLouis!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's beautiful.

Next time could you let me know that the damn knife (bayonette whatever) that goes on one of those early Enfields is that big? I got the shock of my life at the Dealers today - he laughed about it too.

Still batting 1000 on the NICS check. Dealer told me that since BATF had put out the new forms their efficiency rate had dropped to 40% on getting cleared in under an hour. I got cleared in 5 minutes as always (knock on wood).

Love the rifle - never realized the difference in looks and so forth between 1917 and 1944 till now.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 10:29:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thank you BobinStLouis!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You will soon have another chance at that NICS form, T...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 10:35:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I know AntiqueDr - and believe me when I say the anticipation is killing me!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 8:10:27 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thank you BobinStLouis!!!
    Glad you liked it. The bayonet for the No. 1 Mk III is a long one! It was designed for shishkabobing shickelgrubbers in the trenches ----
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (3/6/02 4:09:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I'm looking for a bayonet for a No.1 MK III, so if anyone comes across one, please send the info this way. Thanks.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 7:30:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Flhunter - if you really want one you can have mine. I like it but am not sure I'd ever want to put it on the rifle - like Bob said it's long!!!!!!!!!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (3/7/02 6:17:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    T, thank you so much for the offer, but since you have an enfield you really need the bayonet for it. Even if you don't plan on doing any drive by bayoneting . One day you may wish to part with that enfield and a great selling tool is having the bayonet. Plus I think you can get a much better price having the bayo included in the deal.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/7/02 9:40:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Flhunter you obviously don't know me that well yet. I'm a impulsive kinda person. While I truly like the bayonette, it's just too long in my opinion for the rifle. I prefer the ones I have for the newer Enfield and Mauser.

I meant what I said. If you would like it I'll sell it to you for what it cost me plus shipping.