The Firearms Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,079 Posts
My friend who works at Cascade Cartidge INC (CCI) had the day off today and I ran into him at a NAPA Store, we chated for 20 minutes about the shortage of Ammo.
He told me their Wearhouse has been full for quite some time, the problem is getting truck drivers with CDL HASMAT to haul the Ammo to the distribution center in Michigan. Apparently when one does show up they fill the warehouse back up immediately after he leaves, then they wait for another driver to show up.
The boss talked about paying more money to the drivers who are looking to jump ship for a greener pay check.
Sounds like the people with the most money get their merchandise hauled first.
Also a new line for 9mm is up and running, that makes five lines producing 9mm but the water supply to wash the tooling is lacking with the extra line, so they are hauling tools back and forth to be washed.

Wash them in the Snake River :rolleyes:

View attachment 259018

View attachment 259019

Lewiston ID, Clarkston WA.
View attachment 259021
It's interesting 6hat their warehouse is full, but they only have 4 items available on their website.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Do not mean to steep on any ones thread. If I do ,please remove this. I think this mite belong here. Went to my LGS today to check on some reloading supplies. He said, he was told, he will not be getting any 209 shotgun primers for a long long time.

·
Registered
Couple wall hangers
10,213 Posts
Hard to imagine that a CDL HAZMAT certification would be any harder than an FAA HAZMAT certification. We had to re-certify every year. Only takes a few hours.
I read that one of the issues is they've been cracking down on drug usage. A lot of the drivers popped for pot or unauthorized meds are not bothering to go back through recert.

·
Registered
Couple wall hangers
10,213 Posts
My friend who works at Cascade Cartidge INC (CCI) had the day off today and I ran into him at a NAPA Store, we chated for 20 minutes about the shortage of Ammo.
He told me their Wearhouse has been full for quite some time, the problem is getting truck drivers with CDL HASMAT to haul the Ammo to the distribution center in Michigan. Apparently when one does show up they fill the warehouse back up immediately after he leaves, then they wait for another driver to show up.
The boss talked about paying more money to the drivers who are looking to jump ship for a greener pay check.
Sounds like the people with the most money get their merchandise hauled first.
Also a new line for 9mm is up and running, that makes five lines producing 9mm but the water supply to wash the tooling is lacking with the extra line, so they are hauling tools back and forth to be washed.

Wash them in the Snake River :rolleyes:

View attachment 259018

View attachment 259019

Lewiston ID, Clarkston WA.
View attachment 259021
Well, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! And the Cougar Cheese.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
The logbook is thoroughly confusing. Only advantage is you can fudge most of a 15min time segment.
I learned from a master......ran 3....1-current since last stop...1-stopped 12 hrs previous...1-stopped 24hrs previous..the "emergency novel"....It's actually easy to have perfect logs that are a total fiction,but your sleep/downtime is the cost,that's where your hours come from.And the failed wannabee HighwayPatrol that work for DOT are either okay by the book or idiots that have no business inspecting their own vehicle,let alone mine.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
So this thread got me thinking (dangerous, I know!)... With the current push towards autonomous vehicles/trucks, how will hazmat items be handled? Will each individual truck have to be certified to carry hazmat materials or will they require a live body behind the wheel for hazmat?
Probably be an armed guard ride along, probably have the same thing for monetary shipments. (armored trucks)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts