The Canadian government has just gone nuts

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by grcsat, May 21, 2020.

1. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

I did. She is a liberal and I was told it is to make for a safer country to live in. I hung up on her.

2. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

What astounds me is that they've banned muzzle loading double barreled shotguns, how can anyone in their right mind even consider a muzzle loading shot gun a dangerous assault weapon? I mean, after all, maybe that high rate of fire from a front stuffer, perhaps a round or two per minute, makes them so deadly? Or is it just because they have two barrels on a side by side and that makes them fully automatic if you pull both triggers at the same time?

3. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wish we did. No way our rural population out number our liberal bigger cities, NYC, Syracuse, Buffalo, Albany. Most of our pop is located in those liberal sewers.

4. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Same with my experience Joe. I lived in WA State for 7 years back in the 90’s and even then, the majority of the state geographically was conservative while the majority of the population was liberal and lived in the Seattle Metro area. And then there is my home state, California. Nothing but a lost cause with my educated guess of 80% of the population being liberal. I wish we could just draw a line in the sand and everyone that’s liberal has to stay in what is already a liberal area and stop polluting the rest of the nation.

5. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

I remember reading about tar and feathers...….

6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Are these actual laws passed by parliament, or are they like executive orders in the US? Either way, can they be challenged in court?

I agree about hitting the politicians in the wallet and in the voting booth.

flboots and joe45c like this.
  7. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

These are laws as of May21.
    Yes we are launching a court challenge.

Deckert, flboots, bosun and 4 others like this.
  8. Larry Isaacs

Larry Isaacs Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I must assume any Out Of Country hunters will not be allowed into Canada. Out of Country hunters bring in large amounts of cash each year.
    Will the natives continue to own weapons?
    This sounds light a leader for the early 1930s to me. The apathy is running deep in this country and I am afraid the Libs will undermine the Consitution right under or noses.

I have a question: since the UN is wanting the USA to disarm how is that program working in other countries,e.g., Iran?

Larry

flboots, sharps4590 and joe45c like this.
  9. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

" Will the natives continue to own weapons?"
    The natives are 100% exempt from these and any and all firearms laws exept full auto laws as stated by the government due to the natives having their own constitution.

I have native relatives both in the US and in Canada
    We get along great with our US native relatives to the point of exchanging house keys.
    As far as my Canadian native relates, if one of them should put one step on my property I will have them charged with trespassing.

joe45c likes this.
  10. Firpo

Okay?? Just trying to understand all this. So as of 5/21 it is illegal to own all the guns listed? Just what in the heck do they expect you to do with them?

flboots and joe45c like this.
  11. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

They expect us to turn them in within the next two years or face criminal charges.

A lot can happen in the next two years so I will wait and see how things turn out if I'm still in Canada. Note. I want to move way down south but the wife......

12. Firpo

joe45c and CCHolderinMaine like this.
  13. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Maybe you already know, but what isn't being said is that your government (and all the rest of them) don't ban guns to protect citizens. They ban guns to protect themselves from citizens.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  14. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

The differance is that in Belize those laws are stable and I know what is or isn't legal.
    Right now in Canada I doubt anyone really knows what is going on.
    As far as rifles in Belize, rifles must be of less than 30 cal.
    There is also exeptions if you are a land owner. I intend to be a land owner. Different set of laws:). I know that they do have some really nice shooting ranges there and in the past I have had more than one invitaion to a shooting match.

I am sick and tired of snow and would prefer a sunburn compared to frost bite.
    The money I would save by going down there would be enough to have a full time live in maid. My house taxes are $3,000 a year. The same exact house down there , my house taxes would be around $25 a year. I have been told that the fishing is great. Its a trade off of what you want and what you are willing to give up.

15. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

How far south? Arizona has great people and great freedoms, if we keep them this November and the Kali expats don't try to ruin us.

flboots likes this.