The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Great part of history.
My earliest memory is watching the PanAm clippers land at Miami in 1939. There was a huge revolving globe in the terminal (at least it looked huge to 3 year old eyes)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
My name is Timothy J. Iahn. I noticed your post on the Clipper ships and wanted to tell you my uncle Carl Rodgers was the Jr. Pilot onboard the China Clipper.
I am currently researching the China Clipper.
Can we speak by telephone?,,or e-mail me at [email protected]

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
My name is Timothy J. Iahn. I noticed your post on the Clipper ships and wanted to tell you my uncle Carl Rodgers was the Jr. Pilot onboard the China Clipper.
I am currently researching the China Clipper.
Can we speak by telephone?,,or e-mail me at [email protected]
Greetings Tim from Glendale, Arizona...I read that and remembered it was years ago that I posted that...I think you
might be the only response...I'm on here a lot...been here now
for more years than anyone, I guess...I'm the retired navy
chief...20 years in the famed and elite, Navy Seabees...actually,
they are very common..like all construction workers they like
to blow their own horns!!! welcome Tim...you will enjoy
your visits here...troops are top-gun!!! Chief

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Chief and thank you for your post. Greetings from Virginia! Is there anything you can tell me about the clippers ships in Miami? My lovely wife and I would love to hear from you.

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Warm fuzzier from an old PanAm type...I was too young to be a "boat" type, but hired on in '67 to fly the B-707. Great times with a great airline. So sad it's gone.

My photo is in the right seat of a Berlin Base B727 returning from Istanbul back in early 1988. Those old Clippers were the first dash 200's that Boeing built, National got them, and when PanAm bought National for a ruinous price, those beat up old birds settled in Berlin. During overhaul with National, the insulation was removed, making the cockpit a deep freeze for anything over 90 minutes...at altitude....

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Uncle was the Jr. Pilot on the China Clipper and me and a few guys are putting together a team to travel to Trinidad to find where the aircraft is buried. After the crash the Army fished the aircraft out of the bay and buried in on the base. I intend to locate it..what fun!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts