The Colt's Police Positive Revolver

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by SAman, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAman

SAman Member

I bought a Colt's Police Positive .38 Colt New Police revolver and got a box of old ammo with it. There was 21 rounds left in the box that was dated 1940. These cartridges were balloon head and in excellent condition. Since the box was not complete with all rounds, I fired the 21 rounds. They all fired and shot very well. Notice the tips of the bullets are flat nosed. Colt did this so people could buy rounds that were not marked .38 S&W, although the cartridges are interchangeable. I will post a photo of the revolver and the box.

The photo of the young lady shooting her Police Positive .38 NP is a friend of mine. Her revolver is a 4" and mine a 6". Hers was made in 1912 and mine in 1913. It was the standard police handgun in the early 1900's.

pposleft.jpg top of box .38 np.jpg Anna with Police Positive1.jpg

2. lll percenter

lll percenter New Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum. The S&W Police Positive pistol cal. 38 S&W I have was manufactured in 1916 with real stag grips (factory installed). The pistol was purchased 50+ years ago for $ 20.00 and always have fun shooting it.

photos to follow

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. Start a new thread with your pictures, this one is getting close to two years old.