The Freedom Group strikes again

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SeeMor Guns, May 22, 2020.

1. SeeMor Guns

SeeMor Guns Well-Known Member

2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Is it possible that with the proliferation of many very less expensive AR guns and parts on the market that DPMS and Bushmaster are no longer viable, financially? Today you can buy very well made and accurate AR's (and parts) from PSA and others, as well as near custom specials (and parts). This kind of leaves DPMS and Bushmaster as only name recognition brands.

Or is this Remington bowing to the anti-gunners?

LDBennett

BlackEagle and Limbo Jimbo like this.

3. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Bushmaster has had financial problems in the past, when it was bought by Dyke, than Freedom Arms and someone else. The fact that they caved in when they were sued also did not help matters much. I can see where Remington could opt out from dealing with Bushmaster as well since they had their own problems with the trigger fiasco in their rifles. As LDBennett stated there are to many competitors producing well made quality arms and parts and inexpensively at that. This could be a way for Remington to plug a hole where money is being siphoned out.

Limbo Jimbo likes this.
  4. LDBennett

I have built several AR's over the last 10 or so years. The first bare reciters I bought were in the $150 range. I recently, when visiting Arizona, saw an AR bare receiver at a local gun store for about $50. Even PSA offers them for less than $100. And we are talking about forged receivers, not investment cast or billet receivers. I have several PSA parts and pieces and when assembled into a working gun they look great and shoot excellent. Today there is no need to buy a "name brand" AR or parts to get a good example of an AR. Additionally, S&W and Ruger both offer complete guns.

The days of DPMS and Bushmaster have come and gone. They forged the way but have recently failed in the market place, in my opinion.

LDBennett

ms6852 and Limbo Jimbo like this.
  5. AZ2VET

AZ2VET Well-Known Member

SO does this mean DPMS and Bushmaster rifles will go up in value?

Limbo Jimbo likes this.
  6. LDBennett

My guess is NO. I would think they would loose value just because there are so many other options. There probably is zero collector value for almost any AR. But what do I know?

LDBennett

rcairflr and Limbo Jimbo like this.
  7. zant

zant Well-Known Member

DPMS and Bushmaster both failed to keep up with the times.....M4barrels and carbine gas systems past 12.5 are really stupid/only needed for a grenade launcher(M4barrel)carbine gas are great for untrained people that don't keep their weapon clean.....But the main problem is the cost-you can buy an identical rifle from others 100$ cheaper,you can build a Tier2 weapon cheaper than buying a Tier3 factory....I never trust big companies that own 4 or 5 smaller companies all selling the same thing......And no-they are far from any collector value.

Limbo Jimbo likes this.
  8. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

I have used DPMS parts for years. Guess what, Randy Luth, founder and owner of DPMS has opened another company...Luth-ar

https://www.luth-ar.com

Kweeksdraw, Patches and SeeMor Guns like this.