The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why don't we start a thread just for photos and stories of us who have taken game animals and then made meals from it?

I'd love to see field shots of the animals if you have them, then the meal you made.

here is my son's whitetail
he took her at 90 yards, with my old Rem 700-in .270 and she never moved except straight down.
here is the first plate of steaks we pan fried tonight.
We just kept it simple, flour, salt and pepper and my wife made a load of her awesome beer bread with some corn on the side.

Im a happy man right now.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
The problem I have is the same one you have, no pictures. But if I do get any game this year I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
If any of you have some extra venison jerky you can send it here guys! :)
I like this thread. I'll add to it as soon as I can!

·
Registered
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Above are the pictures I promised from my son's turkey

Tonight we took one of the breast and tenderized it, cut it into 4 pieces.

Then into an egg wash and flour, back into egg wash and into a bed of crushed saltine crackers to form a mouth watering crust.
Into the hot grease until golden brown.

I served these with cream gravy and corn. On my plate is the Ka Bar neck knife I used to dress the bird in the field.

it was awesome!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just got back from an amazing south Texas hunt. I managed to get a big ol' buck and a wild hog.

I was going to try to make a ham, but the process seemed a little too involved for the time, and instead opted for the smoker. I cleaned up the hock (back leg of the hog) and rubbed it down with a southwest rub a friend gave to me. But while waiting I decided to throw on some deer backstraps for lunch. So for lunch I had backstraps cut thin and smoked for about 90 minutes covered in a southwest style rub, same as used on the pig. I used raspberry chipotle sauce and pico de guillo, chased with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice with a splash of white wine.

As for the pig hock, it's happily smoking as I type so no finished pics of that. I intend to make street tacos tonight with lots of pico de guillo and cabbage rolled in small corn tortillas. Should be fantastic!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,021 Posts
I opened this thread, read the first sentence of the first post, and skipped down to the pictures.

Kid with deer - uh huh.

Plate fulla deer - uh huh.

Deer meatloaf? White as that is - don't look to be a lot of deer in that deer-loaf.

Go back to start of post. READ post.

Oh. Beer bread. That's probably why I don't see no meat in it. :p

1 - 20 of 114 Posts